Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Still frustrated

Guest Lobaeux4

Okay, I reinstalled FS2K2, flew a flight no problem, till I was on the ILS to 9L at Heathrow with Gary Summons' scenery. Pressed pause to get something to drink and it froze. So I restarted, set it up on final and it froze again. Check out this pic of my sys info. is my problem right here. I'm showing some conflicts here, but I'm not sure how accurate this XP system information is. I've got 512 DDR RAM installed, it's only showing 384 RAM. How can I resolve these conflicts since it seems XP is automatically setting them up.

Guest SD Sim

Hi Joe,Could be the sharing on IRQ11. Try moving that PCI ethernet card to a different slot. Also, was everything working OK before you reinstalled the Heathrow scenery? Don't forget to make sure that the original MSFS root folder is completely eliminated before you reinstall MSFS. Sorry your still in the land of frustration. You may be able to reassign your IRQ's through the BIOS. Good luck.

AMD?Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd

Guest Lobaeux4

Yes, AMD, this problem has just started two days ago. I thought it was related to the VIA drivers. Then I thought it might've been the heat of my system and CPU. They were at 35 system, 55 CPU, I've since got a fan, they're down around 24 system, 42 CPU now. PSS Airbus and the Heathrow scenery worked fine for the last few weeks!! I've got the AC '97 now to it's own IRQ, 11, but my AGP GeForce is showing as a PCI card on 5 with the two network cards. In my BIOS it only allows 'PCI' or 'Reserved' for IRQ settings. Going to uninstall the VIA drivers, reboot, let the XP native drivers take over, then reinstall FS2K2. Now, it won't even get past the splash screen. Splash screen comes up, hourglass spins, screen goes black, then wham!! right back to the desktop. 'Tis happened four times in a row.thanks for the help,Lobaeux