Sign in to follow this  

MS Flight Planner help---parking spots.

I would like to start my flight at a parking spot, or gate. However, when I load a flight plan into MS flight planner to use the MS GPS, the flight plan always starts at the end of a runway, which is silly. I have tried to edit the flight plan with Notepad to change the start position, but then the plan will not load into MS-flight planner. Help......Does someone know how do start a flight plan at a parking spot? If I can't do it through MS-GPS and MS-flight planner, what FMC should I use to replace the MS-GPS??

Guest JonP01

If you are using the inbuilt MS flight planner, then you have the facility to input your desired starting position (runway, ramp, parking, etc) at your departure aerodrome.When you select your departure aerodrome in the "Select Airport" screen, go down to the drop-down box entitled "Runway / Starting Position" (bottom-left of the screen). If the aerodrome you are departing from includes ramps, gates or parking by default, you can choose one of these from the drop down list. By doing this, you will avoid being placed on the active runway.In the instance your aerodrome is not equipped with gates, ramps or parking, you can only start from a runway unless you edit some files. To edit the required files, download Lee Swordy's superb AFCAD utility here from the Avsim library. You can very easily add all the parking spots you need at any aerodrome you wish using a friendly, intuitive GUI.

jerrycwo4There is a neat little program for this:QuickGOTO 2002 - Utility for FS2002Can be used to keep a list of the mostfrequently used departure locations, soit is no longer necessary to search forthe airport through the simulator'sAirport/Facilities directory and to "Slew"the aircraft to the departure gate each time.Freeware module for Microsoft Flight Simulator2002, by Luciano Napolitano - wideview@inwind.itFor any additional information please contact the author at wideview@inwind.it or at my web page http://wideview.00server.comor go straight to: http://www.wideview.it/quickgoto.htm