Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest swing848

Does X-Plane 9 support wide screen [16x9, I believe min...

Sorry everyone, I am very tired this evening, I hope I make sence.I am using a HDTV LCD wide screen as a monitor, it works fine with MS FSX under Windows XP, however, I am interested in X-Plane 9.Thank you for your help.On a side note, is there a site that provides wide screen shots of X-Plane 9.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, it does of course.>On a side note, is there a site that provides wide screen>shots of X-Plane 9.Don't know...Marco

Thank you for letting me know that X-Plane 9 supports wide screen formats.Dan

You can specify any resolution you want, including widescreen ones. Note however, that 2D-panels will only fill the middle part of your screen, which will look odd. There are no problems when using 3D-cockpits. Also, X-Plane 9 supports bigger 2D-panels, so the problem will alleviate itself during the V9-run, when more and more planes get updated to V9-standards.Probably, you will have to adjust the view angles to match your screen, which can easily be done in the rendering settings menu.Another thing: X-Plane can not scale resolutions. You *will* have to use the full screen resolution in order to make the window fullscreen (or change the resolution in windows). If your graphics card is too weak for that, this might be a nuisance.

>Another thing: X-Plane can not scale resolutions. You *will*>have to use the full screen resolution in order to make the>window fullscreen (or change the resolution in windows). If>your graphics card is too weak for that, this might be a>nuisance.Actually that is not correct, there's an option in the rendering settings to scale the resolution, it's called "Set color depth and monitor resolution on X-Plane startup."Marco