Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

ILS for Russian Far East Airports

On the Jepp charts I have, there are three airports in the Russian far east .. Petropavlosk - UHPP, Magadan - UHMM and Anadyr -UHMA (and I am sure there are more, I have not looked) with runways over 10000' and ILS facilities, and ILS approaches. Flight planner in MSFS 2002 does not show an ILS for any of these airports. That seems crazy to me since these airports would be enroute alternates on the route from Anchorage to Seoul, Bejing and Tokyo .. but the airport info for each in MSFS indicates no ILS.1. does anyone have a fix for this situation (i.e. that adds the correct facilities to these airports)2. given the frequencies, ILS name, inbound course, does anyone know of a way to add an ILS to an MSFS 2002 runway.I know, I know ... I could do a visual approach if needed, but I would rather use the instruments if possible.A definite shot in the dark .. but thanks for looking!!!!I did search the files here, did a google search on the airports, and took a peek at VATSIM Russia ... but no help.Thanks!!!!

Search the file library for cisils02.zip by Alex Novik.It adds 135 ILSs to airports all over the Russia and the CIS.The ILS beams (green darts) don't show up on the GPS or on the map, and the frequencies aren't listed in the airport info boxes, but you can tune them and do autopilot approaches as normal. There's a printable list of all the freqencies, identifiers etc.Hope this is what you're after!Regards,Adrian WrightLGTS

Adrian,Thank you, thank you, thank you!!Exactly .. what I was looking for.