Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Best New Utilities

Hello Fellow Flight-Sim Addicts!I've been overseas for several months and will be coming back home to the US sometime in the near future. It's been torture being away and not able to use my all-time favorite hobby of MS Flight Simultator 2002!Anyway, when I do get back I want to put some add-ons to FS2K2. At this point, I definately want to put on FSMaintenance and FSFlightMax. What, if any, other utilities or add-ons would you suggest I put on? At this point I have a clean start-up of FS2K2 Professional fully installed on my hard drive, with the exeption of some downloaded aircraft.Thanks a bunch!Tim

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Tim,you might want to check for the Geofa's B33 freeware here at the avsim library.Also, you can't fly without the Reality XP GPS and radio stack www.reality-xp.com simply the best! I only lack a stormscope and I won't need any MFD anymore!!Also, there are the latest Dreemfleet Archer and Flight1 421C. Nice addition to the library!Hope it helps!

Hi JeanLuc,Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out!Tim

AFCAD by the Famed Lee Swordy. Allows you to modify gate sizes, taxiways, add Control Towers, runways, frequencys, etc. There are hundreds of updates for many airports in the file library.TaxiSpeed by John Stottlemire. This simple utility allows you to control the taxi speed of AI Aircraft. Sadly, Mr. Stottlemire has left and stopped making stuff for the FS community. He only gave permission for the utility to be uploaded in http://www.fsgateway.com POSKY 767 and A330 aircraft! Check out the File Library and the POSKY site. There are dozens of repaints. :)AI Tactical Display by Alting Software. Quite a nice AI-spotting tool somewhat like the AI Map.The Falcon 50! By Yannick L and Rob B. Complete with aircraft interiors, great visual model, superb virtual cockpit, panel, and detailed manuals in both French and English. Big download though, at 16mb. FEEL-REAL FLIGHT aircraft textures with POSKY 747 aircraft! The most photorealistic textures I've ever seen! They had just released the Tropical Megatop in April. I have made patches for most of them for use with FS2k2!Mike Stone has released some ATRs, ERJs, and DH4s. In GMAX as usual. I haven't downloaded them, but I'm sure they're great like his A320 and TriStar aircraft. Theres more, but too much to tell. ;)http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/sig1.jpg

Guest JeanLuc_

By the way, if you are interested in modifying the AI traffic, the latest Reality XP Flight Line Avionics GPS builds a ready to use airport_gates.dat for the Traffic Builder SDK, from your modified (and the standard) FS2002 files. This in standard adds more than 2000 airports with their gates from the file shipped with the SDK!! Crowded sky, here we are!!Hope it helps!

I'd like to add my vote for these (payware) which I use over and over:Terrain mesh: Eddie Denny's RealsceneRealistic avionics: Reality xp -simply the first avionics that work like the real thing for ms-the gps alone is worth the priceAircraft: The new 421 C is a fantastic addition as well as the Piper Dreamfleet. These products both up the new reality which is possible in ms2002 in the Ga realm. For their price, considering what the real aircraft costs is a tremendous bargain.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif