Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

757 FMC Questions

Guest PowderBlue

OK Hi guys If any one is still reading this board I have a couple questions.1st When I input a route and am coming to the des airport I get the rwy I am supposed to land at. So I go to the Dep/App page and input the rwy. This puts a disco in my Route , and in the legs page and route page it won't let me erase it. What is the procedure for making ammendments to the fp and getting rid of discos? and 2 Is there a direct to procedure for the FMC? I can;t find it in the manual. Thanks so much for any help

{Please sign your name; we like to know who we are talking to}Disco: Clear by LSKing the next WP up to the disco line.Direct To: Again LSK; this time the WP you need to go "direct to" up to the first WP position.John R

Guest PowderBlue

Ok I kinda see what your saying but If I were to try to delete all the WP up to the disco it would say invalid delete even in the legs page.And for Dir To are you stating that I LSK the waypoint I want dir to and then lsk it again? Thanks

Jay,Disco: But you are not trying to delete any waypoints. All you want to do is remove the disco. So LSK the wp following the disco; that will copy the wp to the scratchpad. Now LSK the disco and this will remove the disco and insert the next wp.Direct to: Same procedure. LSK the wp you want to go to. That will copy it to the scratchpad. Then LSk the first wp and you will copy the new wp to the top of the legs page and LNAV will go direct to this wp and continue the route from there. You can use the same procedure on the Route pages to set up a Direct To.Hope this helpsJohn R

Guest PowderBlue

Now I got ya John Thanks so much and I will fix my SIg to thank you!

Guest Mike Phyrio

D'you know what the really, really wonderful thing about the FMC-CDU on the PSS 757 is?Well, I'll tells ya: When you're all done making your entries, you save the flight plan and save the flight in FS9 and the next time you want to make that flight, the flight plan is already entered into the FMC and you don't have to go through making it again and risk making some kind of stoopid error....which I am prone to. Wonderful, I tells ya, wonderful. I don't think there's another airplane that does this; at least, I haven't found one.I called that FMC all kinds of horrible names till I finally understood it.:-hah

Guest PowderBlue

Well as with most FMCs that I've had experience with , it is crucial to read the manual. But there are also some barriers of explanation that make it hard for some to understand exactly what is supposed to be done. I do save my routes and its a great feature.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.