Sign in to follow this  
Guest dubstar1214

B777 ILS approach: Can you find the error?

Guest dubstar1214

Ok, after some 7 hours of training and 5 aborted landings I'm running out of ideas.Here's the problem: I try to do an ILS landing with the PSS B777 and the LOC will never be captured.I'm training at EHAM, flying from RWY36L and landing 36C.Approaching at 3000ft with VNAV/LNAV modes on and verified the ILS frequencies/course in NAV1 and NAV2.When I'm at 3000 and aligned to the runway I push the LOC key, so the LOC is armed, ready to capture the signal ... and from there I'm stuck, nothing ever happens, I just keep crusing at 3000 feet with 36C passing below me.Here're 2 screenshots, maybe one of you pros can quickly identify what the noob is doing wrong here? ;) Any helpful comment is appreciated.canyoufindtheerror2.jpgcanyoufindtheerror1.jpgBesides, the lights don't work at all, no nav light, landing lights, taxi lights, just anything works. I assume they use some standard FS2004 effects for lights, so I have to reinstall all default aircraft (which I deleted)? I'm gonna try that later, now I'm too frustrated.

Guest dubstar1214

Issue solved: It was a problem with the electronics. Usually when loading complex payware airliner, you preload the Cessna and put all switches off in order to do a proper cold & dark startup procedure. That's what I did here aswell, however I figured from another thread that weird things happen if you preload the Cessna with the electronics turned OFF - so this time I loaded the Cessna with electronics on and now the PSS B777 had no problems catching the NAV signals.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.