Sign in to follow this  

SimVoice???

Hi!I was wanting to record my own voice for rc2.2 and found this neat little utility written by Kirby Angell called SimVoice. Unfortunately, it's shareware(limitation is that it adds blasts of static every second or so), but it's impossible to register anymore(the site doesn't exist anymore). It looked like it could save me loads of time - is there any other similar program to record my voice or do I have to manually record each sample at a time?Thanks...epaga

it should allow you to record v2.2 scripts without the shareware limitation.but i have the version 3 utility and scripts. if you can wait until we finalize the scripts, maybe you would rather record version 3?

Nope, it doesn't - it even does the static blasts during microphone setup, let alone when trying to record the script.The problem with waiting for version three is that it's not coming out till the end of this year at the earliest. :( Is there really no other little program that quickly and easily records voice samples? What software do you guys use to record the original radar contact samples?Thanks...epaga

when we recorded version 2.2, we recorded every phrase into one, two or three very big wave files, and then manually chopped them up, and saved them by the correct name.it just dawned on me, i can use the same version 3 recorder to do the 2.2 scripts. it will take some time to make it work, and i have a few things left to do, on version 3 :-lol