Sign in to follow this  

Planning problems

Hi,I have just purchased FSNav 4.5 and started using it to produce plans for Radar Contact.However I seem to be having problems with the runway part of the planning.I prepare the plan in FSNAV ok by dragging and dropping the appropriate departure and arrival runways into the plan and then autogenerating the plan.I then save it in FSNAV and also export this tomodulesfsnavigatorfltexport directory as per the RCV 22 manual.I do notice however that after giving it a title, the arrival and departure runways are not automatically selected as it says in the manual, I do select them manually but I am suspicious this is not right! I then open RCV22 and browse to the .apl file and generate the adventure OKWhen I open FS2K2 and select the adventure all appears OK until, after intial ATIS contact, the controller says Landing and departing Runway Zero! Also no Runways appear in the Runway line of the menu after being told to taxi to RWY Zero!I would appreciate any help with this problem,( as a side point I have used the planner to export to PIC via FS2K2 and all was well, the FMC saw it OK)In AdvanceMany ThanksEric Pennington

Guest Scott Campbell

Eric,Never use runways, use airports. You don't know what the winds will be and what runway you will get until you fly the plan. RC doesn't deal with runways, only airports with all the runways available. Which also means don't move the runway information from one side to the other when exporting from FSNav.

Hi Scott,Thank you so much for your reply, not moving the runways sideways manually has solved the RWY Zero problem!I am not sure however, when one is just selecting an airport, how that fits in with sids and stars being in the plan?Perhaps you could advise?Again Many ThanksEric

Eric, >I am not sure however, when one is just selecting an >airport, how that fits in with sids and stars being in the >plan? If fsnav puts runways in your flight plan when you specify a dp or star, just delete the runways and replace them with the airports.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

P.S.--any flightplan waypoints within 40 miles of your arrival airport will be ignored. At that point you will be handed over to approach control and given vectors to the runway.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Hi Sidney,Thank you very much for those two excellent tips, you guys are so helpful to us relative newbies.Very Best WishesEric