Sign in to follow this  

Fatal Error with Sound

Got RCv2.2 ready to go; flight plan exported from Nav3 and shows in RC. Now, ready to start up FS2002. Splash screen, or whatever it's called, comes up and the question of do you want to load sound....from 3rd party software: click yes or no. Clicking no will disable the 3rd party software. I have clicked yes and no with same result. Screen goes black, get the hourglass (thinking it's just loading everything), and then the blue screen with the following message: Fatal OE @ 0028:C001409B in VXD VMM (01) + 0001309B. Locks up, have to reset, wait for ScanDisk, etc.I've read and printed most of the FAQ on the RC site, searched this board to find no mention of this type of error message.Checked that WAV/fleetwood file and I have all files there; 27 folders with 728 (+ or - a few) in each. Changed Fs2002 config file cache_wave to 0. I have noticed I also have a "fs2002dw" that's a config file of almost exactly the same size: it too has the entry for "cache_wave=" under the [APL] heading and is currently set to 1. Do I need to change that to 0 as well? Or is the fact I have two config files in the FS2002 directory the problem in the first place? The fs2002dw file size is 8,769 compared to Fs2002's 8,764.I have SoundBlaster Live and opened the AudioHQ and the multiple wav is set to 4; does that need to increase?Running 98SE; no programs running in background except systray and explorer when loading sim.Any help would be appreciated; I'm not even sure this has anything to do with RCv2.2, but the error happened the first time I tried to use the program, never before with panel add-ons, aircraft ad-ons. I had Flight Deck Companion loaded and used it last night with no problem (had not done anything with RC yet-though it was installed). First time I got this error, I uninstalled FDC in hopes that would take care of it.

Guest Scott Campbell

(deleted)

comes up and the question of do you want to load sound....from 3rd party software: click yes or no. Clicking no will disable the 3rd party software. I have clicked yes and no with same result.when did this start happening? if i remember right that is caused by a panel.Fatal OE @ 0028:C001409B in VXD VMM (01) + 0001309Bthat is a driver issue, a vxd caused problems.have you tried this with a generic ms plane/panel/sound package?jd

jd,It started when I installed Flight Deck Companion, but the instructions just said to say/click yes to the sound question and no to some other question that popped up right afterwards; can't remember what that 2nd one was. Anyway, I did as instructed and all was fine; FS2002 loaded with no problem. That was last night. With FDC still installed [RCv2.2 has been on the hard drv. since Dec. but never used it-don't ask ;)] I finally had time to get to business with RC. Found out I needed a planner other than the generic one with FS2002; downloaded Nav3. Planned a flight and exported to RC with no problem. Now, ready to fire up FS2002. Decided to leave FDC off for the time being. That's when I got the error-today; I'd had several panels installed prior to today and did not get the error.While waiting for a reply to this, I went to another site hermit.supanet to look at some downloads there. One download (Radar Contact Control) said to edit the fs2002 config file to [OLDMODULES]rccp.dll=1 in order to stop the opening screen from asking if you want to load 3rd party software for rccp.dllI wonder if I could do the same with the sound??

Guest Scott Campbell

Ths only issue is that there is nothing in RC that would cause 2K2 to give you this error.One thing to remember. RC is a compiler, not to be run with FS2K2. After exporting to RC apl format, are you running RC, compiling the adventure, exiting RC, then starting FS?

Scott,Yes, I only had FS2k2 running. Anyone over at the Flight Deck forum have ideas; should I post there as well? As I said, I'm not sure where this is originating from. Last night, having just installed FDC, the sim ran fine.And what about that 2nd config file in fs2k2; the one that has the "dw" tacked on? What's that-it is almost identical to the fs2k2 config file.It seems there would be a conflict there, as the fs2002 file wav_cache is set to 0, but in the fs2002dw file the wav_cache is 1.

Guest Scott Campbell

My dw file does have cache set to 0. Go ahead and change that and see what happens. It couldn't hurt. As for the cause, I just don't have a clue. Yes, you may want to post on the FDC forum and see. If nothing else, you may have to do what others have done when funky things happen: reinstall FS2K2. This seems to be a popular "fix". It could just be a matter of driver loading order.

Guest Scott Campbell

Rob.Why would you need to have FSSound.dll in oldmodules? It's part of FS2K2.

Guest RobA

Scott, Looks like you caught me with my teeth still in the glass!!! :-lolAll I can remember (it was when fs2k2 first came out afterall) was that some third party addons would display the error about loading a .dll and this addition to the fs2k2.cfg stopped it. It's just an entry to the fs2k2.cfg and not actually placing a .dll of any kind in oldmodules, if there is such a thing. Maybe I still have it there and don't need it but it doesn't hurt and I thought maybe it could solve the problem.Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest Scott Campbell

Rob,Hey! Whatever works!

ok, before I uninstall and reinstall FS2k2, can/should I back up anything currently in the FS2k2 folder? I mean, if I back up aircraft files, and other ad-ons, will that render the reinstall a mute point if I just go to the backups and move them into the reinstalled FS2k2 folder? Does that make sense? Or just reinstall and then one by one reinstall ad-ons by extracting from their respective zip files. I hope this makes sense, what I'm asking! And if I reinstall FS2k2, do I have to reinstall RCv2.2?I'll post the orginal question over on the Flight Deck forum, since that was where the warning box for the 3rd party FSSound originated. I just don't want to have to reinstall FS2k2 and go thru all the ad-ons again, with editing config files, etc. etc. but that looks more and more like the only solution. Will keep you updated and thanks for responses.

Guest Scott Campbell

I'm afraid I don't know all that much about reinstalling FS2002 since I've never had to do ir. You may wish to post a request for some good detailed info on the FS forum. There are some seasoned pros there at reinstalling.I would personally back up the entire directory so you can pick and choose what you want to put back - like aircraft, panels, sounds, whatever. Then you can check one item at a time to see what may be causing your error, if it returns.