Sign in to follow this  

RC Doesn't Load

I'm the one with the previous Fatal Error with Sound thread. I reinstalled FS2k2, opened RC to create my adventures and exited RC. Started FS2k2, found my adventures in the Select Flight>Adventures area, and clicked on one. The screen went black, my mouse curser turned into its "busy/load" mode, and I waited. And waited. The screen did not freeze, but my adventure never loaded. I know I waited at least 2 minutes. I looked at my CPU case, and mine has an amber light that blinks as it's working. While waiting, I noticed this was not ocurring; did I not give it enough time to load?

did you make the change to fs2002.cfg file, so it doesn't try to cache the wavs?

Thanks for the reminder; no I had not done that, but just made the change. I'm off to try again, keep your fingers crossed. Oh, before I forget-especially if something hangs again, I did install the Radar Contact Control Panel v3.1 by John Hnidec. It's rccp.dll is in the fs2k2's module folder. His readme says it's for RC 2.1 but I assume it works with v2.2. I have emailed him about this.......Other than that, nothing has been added since my reinstall of fs2k2 this afternoon: aircraft, panels, etc. Nothing.

Still no luck. Here's the weird part: I changed the fs2k2 config file's wav_cache=1 to 0, and saved the file. Ran fs2k2, and when I clicked on the RC adventure I wanted to load, it paused for about 20 seconds, then came a scenery read error message from within fs2k2 about a non-existant file and gave the path as if RC's "fleetwood" file was in the cache folder. Result was my 40th or so reset to get unstuck from the current window, and Scandisk ran again (what a workout it's received in the past 36 hrs.). Anyway, back in the fs2k2-not the fs2000-config folder, and the wav_cache=0 line was now back to wav_cache=1. What is that?!!I want to try removing the aforementioned rccp.dll file in the modules folder, but before I do, does RC v2.2 require a similar dll to work? I can't place my CD for the program, so reinstalling RC 2.2 is a problem at the moment. Is it ok to remove the rccp.dll file that was created from the Radar Contact Control Panel v3.1 program?

I went ahead and moved the rccp.dll file to a different location, completely out of fs2k2 root folder. That didn't do anything, same result. What is making the fs2k2 config file entry wav_cache change back to a 1? I have done this 4 times now, and made triple sure I save the file after making the entry change to 0, and making sure I'm in fs2k2 config and not fs2000.I'll check back, but I think I'll head to Microsoft's forum to see if anyone has ideas there.Thanks for all the quick replies; at least the warning sound message is gone!

make sure you edit the fs2002.cfg file. half the people i know edit the fs2000.cfg filejd

Yes, I have double-triple checked that each time I edited the file.Does RC have a rccp.dll that I stupidly replaced with the Control Panel program mentioned earlier in this thread?

the control panel is offered by john hnidec. rccp.dll is not a radar contact .dlllet's try to grasp what you have now. copy and paste your fs2002.cfg file, and what the problem is.