Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Did anyone of Europe get RC3 yet? Germany?

Yesterday I got RC3!!! I was toooo busy installing and having a tryout trip last nite. I went to bed at about 0100 in the morning, had to get up already again at 0700. So, I feel like a 747 has tuched down on me!Did you already make a save within RC3 and a debug? Does ist work with your german version of Windows and FS2k2? Within first trip I didnt come around trying that out. So far no problems. Just didnt get the gear down early enough so I got many go-arounds! FS2k2 never let my fly goarounds just caused by not having the gear down! That is something to get used to... Well, do I must have the gear down 2.1nm away from runway, when I fly just a little cessna cardinal? I would spent too much fuel by flying all unnessesary lenght with gear down. I think it is not toooo close by to have the gear down at 1 nm away from tuchdown, is it?It'll be different when I fly a bigger plane like 737 or something alike!Guten Tach nochTorben.

I got mine on december 10th here in Copenhagen. I could see that it was stamped on december 3rd, so it's the usual 7 days. It has been so before and i guess it's the same for the rest of EU. So yours must be on the doorstep - unless someone forgot to mail it.. hehehe ;-)

Hi,In the U.K yesterday, can't open it!--Its a christmas present!!!RegardsEric Pennington

Hi,I've got mine yesterday (Switzerland)Thanks for asking...

Hi,Too late--its been spirited away by her who must be obeyed!!!Merry ChristmasEric

I've got mine yesterday (Switzerland)LSZH to LEIB will be my first flight with RC3.0 :-)

Guest RobA

Torben, I've been in such a habit with RC3 to lower the gear before I owe Doug another steak that I never thought about 1 mile being closer to reality for a small prop. Maybe this could go in the "List" for even more realism in the future if this is really true about wasting gas. Right now RC has three aircraft types to choose from...jet, turbo prop, and prop. Most of my prop flying was with the larger models, so I always lowered the gear at 2+ miles. Now that I have Geoff's Deb and the DF Piper Archer, I'm doing a lot more flying with smaller GA craft. :-) Interesting, what do other RL pilot's think?Best, Rob

Well, did I ever wrote I am a pilot myself? I am not. But when I have a GA RG and I have to fly fast so I can get down on final befor a 747 would overtake me within air and final, I shall get the gear down as late as possible so I dont loos speed to much befor I neet this loss. Well, I tried it with the new DF Cardinal Turbo RG. It is SOO fast I have to get the gear down to have a slowing effect. But not 2+ miles away from airport. I need a lot more power to keep the plane out of rocks and mountains and having speed enough so a airliner would not have to use speedbrakes and gear and flaps all to fly as slow as I do. If I fly with gear down and the gear has to go down NOT befor I am slow enough for not damageing them, a airliner would have to fly final behind me with 90kt? Well, I know no airliner hich can do that. They could fly at 130kt stall speed but not 90! (DC9, B707, etc.) And 130 is the fastest I can go but not tuch down! So I fly in with about 110 and slow down with gear setting down 1 mile or even a half mile away from the numbers. So I can get the speed further down by setting flaps down more then T/O and push the nose down. This looks funny but some way it has to be like that I guess when having a airliner in your neck.I just try to think like a real pilot...

Guest RobA

I'm not a real pilot either and appreciate the way you described the extra bit of realism by "thinking like a pilot". :-)Best, Rob