Sign in to follow this  

Carenado's Cessna 172 N - Panel?

Hi,I was wondering if anyone who had Carenado's Cessna 172 N (not the C172 II)could post a screenshot of the panel (as there isn't one on their website). Also, for anyone that does have the 172 N, how would they rate it (i.e. functionality of aircraft systems, flight model, etc.)?The reason I'm asking is that I have decided to switch over to FS2002 from Fly, and as such am looking for a Cessna with a high level of realism, especially with regards to the functionality of the panel and avionics.Thanks,Jeff

Hi Jeff, The Carenado Cessna N model (both of them actually) are great aircraft. I have both of them and would rate them 8 out of 10's and only that low because they were originally designed for FS2000. Although I cant really give you a screenshot of the panel because I recently lost my DSL because I moved out in the country where the only thing available right now is dial-up, wireless, and satellite. I chose dial-up right now for cost purposes. Anyways, about the panel, its photo-realistic. If youve ever flown a late 70's model Cessna, it will look very familiar to you. If you have never flown before, it is about as realistic as a 172 panel gets. Over all, for the price, I would definitely recommend the aircraft.Craig

I agree with Craig, the blue one I bought is very nice visually, and is a very nice aircraft overall. However, I may suggest that you check out Dreamfleet's C172SP first. I know you're looking for a 172N, but seeing as the Dreamfleet panel is amazing, and works well in FS2002 with some minor tweaks, you may want to check into that and see how it suits your needs (if you havent already).Scott

Thanks,I did download and install DF's 172, and got it to work with little problem. There is one small problem though, and that is that the upper panel view (with the visible cowl) doesn't seem to exist. Also, in the interior left and right views, the bitmap is messed up, with most of the door absent (in flight, it looks like the door is open, and the strut ends where the door-window boundary shoulf be).If you could let me know what I need to do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks,Jeff