Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

interesting thread....

Guest Scott Campbell

I put a note in there to end the speculation and RC bashing, and send them here to get facts.We'll see how long that post stays there with the link to here.It's amazing how everyone completely blows off the regulation and rule-following of RC, and accuracy, and everything it offers, to bash RC for not handling AI, which by now I hope everyone knows is Microsoft's fault, not RC.People seem to think that AI is some magical thing that can just be sent all over the sky, which it can't. AI is pre-programmed and set to take-off and land on specific runways. No amount of telling it to land on another is going to do anything, even if RC could. If it's not in the traffic.bgl, FS AI/ATC knows nothing about it.Just try asking for another runway using FSATC.Good luck.

Guest Thomas K

Exactly...AI traffic is way overrated. I really don't understand what the big deal is about AI traffic anyway. The way AI is implemented in FS2002 right now is seriously flawed and most of all, it KILLS framerates. I think the majority of users of Radar Contact are those who enjoy instrument flying and to do that successfully, you need to have descent framerates and that's something that's not possible with AI traffic cranked up. When I fly, AI traffic stays OFF. I'm simply not willing to sacrifice FPS and fluidity of gauges etc for some artificial idiot. For me, anything below 20fps is too low. AI traffic is nice to have, but I don't like the way that it is implemented in FS2002. Hopefully MSFS team will get it right by FS2006. In the meantime, I'm satisfied with the "phantom" traffic that RC3 gives me. TK