Sign in to follow this  
Guest Badger

A couple of observations/problems

Guest Badger

Hi Guys,Can anyone help me with a couple of observations/problems that I encountered on a recent flight from KDEN to KDFW.During my decent I was told to descend to FL150 and on reaching turn to Heading 035.The first problem was that Centre busted me for not turning immediately ! I was still descending through FL170.As soon as I turned to the heading I was handed off too Approach. Is this a clue to the problem?The second observation was that during the decent Otto contacted Denver for a weather report and was told that the skies were CLEAR but the Vis was 1 mile ????FS2004 ATIS reported 1 mile vis in SNOW. IS RC not able to tell me about rain or snow in FS2004? (I was using a weather Theme by the way and not FSMeteo or something like it).Finally, can anyone tell me what to put as my arrival gate, so that RC says something other than "taxi to the ramp", can it say "Gate" or "Cargo" ?Has anyone had similar problems?Regards and Merry ChristmasMark.

Guest crabster

Hmmm, Haven't used weather themes, either default real-time weather or wxRE. never had a problem.What was your rate of descent? Maybe you didn't come down fast enough?As far as arrivals, research the airport your flying to and what airline you are. Find the appropriate gate. When you start RC, on the controller page you can enter the gate number. When you arrive you'll then be given clearance to taxi to gate "B36" or whatever.

your first question, you missed your crossing restriction. you were going to enter approach airspace, at the wrong altitude. i believe the clearance was to turn to 035, and when reaching 150 that you could then turn on course to the airport, since you were at the proper altitude for approach to take the handoff. you weren't suppose to wait until 150 and then turn. it was turn, and when at 150 to go on inskies clear, means no clouds. if the fs weather engine has 1 mile visibility, then that was what i call. i doubt this weather theme has set the weather at the arrival airport, which is what i read. and yes, if there is snow or rain, i report itfor the gate you can enter ga for general aviation, ca for cargo, the actual gate number, or nothing which translate to the rampjd

Guest Badger

Thanks jdAs always you explain things really well.I'll fly this route again and listen harder :)I'm still not sure what happened with the weather. I did have FSUIPC set to change vis at 10% every 30 seconds when I flew last night. I'm going to re-set it to 10% every 10 seconds and see if it makes a difference.I noticed the weather had closed right in after I landed, but the vis was at least 3 miles on approach, so the values being read were one thing, while FSUIPC was still bringing things down to these values on screen. - Its only an idea.Finally, thanks for the gate info. I could remember you posting it a long time ago in another thread I'd read, but I just couldn't remember the GA, CA codes. I kept typing in the whole word :(RegardsMark