Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Question from New User Ready to Install RCV3

I got RCV3 for Christmas and I am a happy camper!! I have a couple of quick questions about the installation process:I have FS2002 and FS2004 installed on my PC. Do I have to select which version I want to use during RC installation?Do I have to install to FS2002 first and then download the upgrade to use it with FS2004?Can you switch between FS2002 and FS2004?Thanks for your help! I can't wait to get started!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest RickT

Hi Airbus,You only have to install Radar Contact one time. The CD install should be done first. Do the upgrade next. Once you have the upgrade installed RC should work with both FS2002 and FS2004. The only reason you are asked which Flight Sim to install to is so JD knows where to put the FSUIPC and AdvDisplay DLL files. The only thing you will have to remember to do is copy fsuipc.dll and advdisplay.dll from your FS2002Modules folder to your Flight Simulator 9Modules folder. Radar Contact will place copies of your flight plans in both FS2002 and FS2004. You cannot switch between FS2002 and FS2004 during a flight.