Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypilots

Problems.

Guest cypilots

I have just had to reinstall RC V3.0. I now find that there is no speech. The text shows in the Adv Display box ok, and the instructions are being received, if you select 1 or 2 for instance the text changes ok. Can someone please suggest what might be the problem.

Guest RickT

Here are some things to check.1. In Radar Contact click on Options and look at the Other section in the top right corner. Make sure all boxes are checked except Display text.2. If you upgraded to RCv3.1, did you install all the updated wav files per our FAQ http://www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htm3. How many files do you have in Winwood folders 2 -12?

Guest cypilots

Rick. 1. Using MS XP Pro. 2. FS2002. 3. Installed- RCV3- RCV31- Full Wav update- 11 into Winmard. - 12 into Winward as per instructions. 2-3-4- 1135. 5= 1136. 6-7-8-9-10= 1135. 11= 1134. 12= 1134. still no sound.

Guest RickT

In FS2002 click on Options|Settings|Sound. There should be a setting for Lessons/Flights or something similar. Is there a check mark next to the line and is the slider bar at least 1/2 way across the bar?

go to the options page, select an airline name and callsign. click the speaker button. do you hear the callsign?is the winwood directory in the same directory as the directory that rcv3.exe and rcv31.exe are?what caused you to reinstall? anything change on your machine? sound card, new os?basically, what has changed between the time it worked, and now?jd

Guest Scott Campbell

That should be WINWOOD, not Winward. Can you check to be sure you've done that? RCV30winwood2...12. You should have 1134 files in each controller directory. Co-pilot is in 0 and pilot is in 1 and should have 1029 files in those.

Guest cypilots

JD. Your comment about the souns card was corect. I had the sound card checked and it was faulty. Changed it and now I have the speech back. Except for the pause in the speech problem it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Guest cypilots

JD. When you say 3.1, do you mean 31 or 301, I dont see version 3.1 available to download on any of the suppoprt pages, can you point me in the right direction please.