Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rudo

Departure procedure and flightplan

Guest Rudo

Hi,Let me run this by you, so I am sure I understand this:1. I have filed a flightplan which takes me EAST including a DP EAST.2. First WPT is within 30 NM, no Flex.Dep.Proc. checked in RC...3. The active RWY (assigned by ATC) however takes me NORTH...4. Because the first WPT is within 30 NM I don't get vectors...5. I program the FMC with the Departure Procedure for the active RWY which takes me EAST...6. Both DP's have a common WPT at the end of the procedure...7. After I have flown my active RWY Departure to the EAST, I choose 'DIR WPT' in the ADV Display and choose the common waypoint to fly to...8. So I am back on course on my filed route afterall.Is this the right way to do it, or do I simply choose the RWY which takes me east? In real aviation, do you get to choose the runway, or does ATC choose it for you depending on winddirection?Thanks,Rudi

Hi Rudi,If you can list the specific aiport you are departing from along with the name of the departure procedure and transition you are filing it would help me to give you a more detailed answer. In real aviation, do you get to choose the runway, or does ATC choose it for you depending on wind direction? A little of both. Normally ATC will assign the active runways based on winds, but sometimes aircraft performance will dictate the use of a non-optimum runway. That's fine as long as it doesn't exceed the performance limitations of your aircraft. If you are departing North with your first fix to the east all you'd need to do is set up the FMC with a "Direct-To" the first fix on your flight plan route. Once you depart then just engage LNAV direct and off you go. Let me know which DP/Transition you're using and I'll look it over and offer some additional suggestions. Mike CollierDispatcher/SOCAmerica West Airlines

Guest Rudo

Hi Mike,EHAM RWY 09ARNEM1N (EH055-EH042-IVLUT-ARNEM)ETEBO (UG9)ROBEG (UL980)BATEL4ZEDDTThis is my filed plan in Radar Contact. I get assigned by ATC to RWY 36R which has no SID so I request RWY 36C. If I understand you correctly, after takeoff I can go direct to EH055? So you have to stick to your original, filed SID? Thats fine by me... ;-)I flew the RWY 36C SID PAM2W (EH045-EH085-EH082-PAM). After passing PAM, I got the message from ATC: ...do you show yourself... PAM is the last WPT in the SID. I made the mistake in thinking ARNEM was the last WPT so I would be in the clear, flying PAM2W instaed of ARNEM1N.Thanks,Rudi