Sign in to follow this  
Guest VIMANA

Saving Flights in RC

Guest VIMANA

RCv3.1. OS WIN 2000PRO. FS2K/2. Everything in RC works fine but so far am unable to save a part completed flight in RC and restart at interrupted point. I have followed instructions in manaual, ticking off each action as completed. At the point when I have typed in the abbreviated file name and click "save" the flight parameters briefly flash in the scrollbar space and disappear. After restarting FS2K/2 and loading FSNav, then maximising RC and clicking "load flight", the lower scroll bar stops at approx' 50%; no flight parameters appear below and the "start RC" button remains greyed out.What am I doing wrong/not doing or is there a problem?WIGGINS.

send me the .dat you are saving, along with the associated .flt and .wx files. i'll try loading them here, and see what happensjd

Guest Scott Campbell

Out of curiosity, what are you naming the saved file?

Guest VIMANA

My thanks to JD and Scot for prompt replie/s,Lay awake last night doing some hard thinking and thoughts turned to example given in manual. Now upon seeing Scot's query re saved flight title; that may be the problem (and my own stupidity) I had planned a short flight from London Gatwick to Manchester and interrupted at VOR 117.5 BPK. I simply saved the flight as GATMANBPK with resultsas related. My "advanced years" are not in my favour so I plan to replicated the RC manual sample saved flight and see if my naivetyis to blame. If that doesn't work, I shall fall back on yoursuperior expertise.Thanks againWiggins.

you are saving the flight from the rc app, right?you can also hit ctrl-shift-; (by default), to save it directly from within fsjd

Guest VIMANA

Thnks JD,It's late here, will try direct from FS tomorrow.I saved my flight from Gatwick to Manchester again at VOR BPK, naming the saved file per suggested method in RC manual. The three files "wx", "DAT" and "PLN" were correctly saved in their respective locations again as per RC manual.Results were the same. My saved flt parameters briefly flashed in the lower scroll bar but disappeared. The same happens when I click "Load" to restart, the blue scroll band stops at 50% and the text indicating the flight is loading remains on. "Start RC"is greyed out and the RC window locks up. Wiggins.

send me the .flt, .wx and .dat files, and i will see what happens on my machinejd

Guest VIMANA

Hi JD Saved files: 2 off in FS2K/2 .... Flights/My Flights 1 off in RC Saved (DAT FILE) GATMANRC#1 BPK FL145 GATMANRC#1 BPK FL145 GATMANRC#1 BPK FL145 More and more I am thinking there is a glitch in my system somewhere. Thanks VIMANA

Guest Scott Campbell

Wiggins,Before doing that, try renaming the flt, wx, and dat files without the # sign. I've found RC will not load a saved flight correctly woth any special characters.I used to try saving flights as something like "!current" but it wouldn't load with the "!" sign. When I rename the files as "current" it works.If that doesn't work, then try reinstalling.

Guest VIMANA

Hi, Nope, that didn't work either! An earlier suggestion was ,"hit ctrl-shift to save directly from within FS".Maybe I am dimbut could you elaborate please. After trying everything else I must give it a try.RegardsDave Wightman.

Guest Scott Campbell

On most Euro keyboards, and sometimes even with English ones, the key assignment may be different.Look in your "Customize RC keys" under Options, and see what's assigned to "Save RC/FS State". You can change the assignments. Make sure you aren't running RC when you reassign keys.