Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewM

Comm2, AdvDisp, British Accents

Guest MatthewM

Greetings,I have three questions:1. How do you make FS2004 use Comm2 as it's default comm?2. When I move my AdvDisp box to another monitor it'll flicker a few times and then dissapear. Anyone else have this problem? And if so, is there a work around? Even if I try and dock it there the same problmes persists.3. I keep getting British controllers. Where do I start in order to trouble shoot this problem? I fly mainly in the Pacific NW. Thanks.-Matt

"I keep getting British controllers. Where do I start in order to trouble shoot this problem?"Hmmm... British controllers a problem - ain't that the truth!The controller .wavs are kept in the RCV30Winwood directory in folders 1-13 (assuming you've downloaded the extra voice sets). The ones that offend your ears are in folders 10 and 11 - delete these. If your xenophobia extends to other non-Americans, then you'll also want to delete the Dutchman in folder 2 and the Italian in 5.Once you've done this, renumber the folders consecutively from 1 so there are no gaps and you'll have only American voices.Pete

Guest Scott Campbell

Renumber from 2. The pilot is 1.Small world without our beloved Brits. ;-)

"Renumber from 2. The pilot is 1."Ooops - that was careless. You'd think I'd know after all this time - thanks for the correction Scott.I wonder what Matt will think when he gets to hear "Charles"? }( Btw, do we really sound like that to you guys? x( PP

Guest Scott Campbell

Pete,I have to admit, the "Charles" is the funniest thing ever. It's a sad parody of British accent. Just imagine poor "Reiner". ;-)(To those not in the beta team, this is an inside joke)

[/b]"I keep getting British controllers. Where do I start in order to trouble shoot this problem?"Hmmm... British controllers a problem - ain't that the truth![/b]Hmmm, perhaps I should go for voice retraining :-hmmm But, if I re-record my voice set with a Southern US drawl would those in the NE/NW complain? Perhaps I should put on my best New England accent but then I could cause problems in the south or California? Then again, I could try a Geordie accent and no-one could understand me! :-lol (No offence to Geordies - honest!). If you don't know what a Geordie accent is look it up with Google! ;-)Goes back into hole with tail between legs having recorded 1135 files and not feeling appreciated. :-( Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest MatthewM

I'm sorry. :( I'll keep the British voices. I feel so bad now.

Matthew,It wasn't my intention to make you feel guilty about not wanting to keep our voice sets in RC. Why not fly in Europe or even the UK and it will feel far more realistic? You could download the Manchester (EGCC) ATC recordings I made to make the experience even more realistic :-)No bad feelings - honest :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather