Sign in to follow this  
Guest mkuebeler

Trying to understand the "Using FS2002 ATC and RC" section

Guest mkuebeler

I've read this section in the user's guide several times, but I'm still not sure if I understand the process correctly. I have yet to get this working to my satisfaction in FS9. I have customized the RC keys to all use ctrl+shift. Once I have my flight loaded in FS9 I set COMM2 as the active radio from the radio panel. This does two things: the options I select from the FS9 ATC window will set the frequency on COMM2 instead of COMM1, and whatever frequency is tuned on COMM2 will be heard. Meanwhile, RC is getting its frequencies from COMM1, and the RC audio is heard even though COMM1 is not active on the radio panel. In fact, to prevent both FS9 radio and RC radio from being heard simultaneously, I must tune the COMM2 to an unused frequency. At this point I can get taxi clearance, progressive taxi, and takeoff clearance from FS9 ATC, but parallel clearances must be obtained from RC. Once off the ground I can pretty much ignore FS9 ATC, unless I want to get FS9 landing and taxi clearance at the destination. But, through all of this COMM1 is never activated on the radio panel, correct?Mark Kuebeler

i'm afraid larry wrote that section, or a large section of it, and he's on vacation. maybe someone else can jump in and help.i never try to coordinate the twojd

Guest mkuebeler

I did finally work it out, and it is kind of a hassle trying to use FS9 ATC and RC ATC simultaneously. Plus, having to use ctrl+shift with the number keys is awkward. So, if I do not use FS9 ATC at all, how is the AI traffic taxiing around the airport going to behave towards my plane? Will they stop if I happen to be in their way on a taxiway, or will they just plow into me because FS9 ATC doesn't "know" I'm out there? Mark Kuebeler