Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

3 More questions???

-Does radar contact also support Altantic crossing??-If I make a flight from EDDF to K JFK/EWR how many Hold chance should I set...20%, 50%, etc???-When do you can expect en-route Holdings??? And does the Hold % you set prior to flight also have anything to do with En-route holding or only for the destination airport??Thanks,

Guest Scott Campbell

>-Does radar contact also support Altantic crossing??RC mostly handles oceanic. You can hear HF chatter if you use pre-recorded chattter, but you won't talk with RC ATC on HF and don't get "blocks". You are handled and handed off to appropriate oceanic control, however.>-If I make a flight from EDDF to K JFK/EWR how many Hold>chance should I set...20%, 50%, etc???I depends on how much extra fuel you load. If you load the common 45-minute reserve, or an extra 10-15% (for a 744) then you can set 100% chance.>-When do you can expect en-route Holdings??? And does the>Hold % you set prior to flight also have anything to do with>En-route holding or only for the destination airport??No en-route holds or deviations as of yet. You can request deviations, but you still have to pass your waypoints (or you can request another waypoint in your plan and continue to deviate), and RC controllers will eventually ask you to return to course.You can change your odds of holding in flight. So if you get nervous about fuel, you can set it to 0. You can also declare minimum fuel in holding and you'll get priority. But it'll cost you at the end with a visit with "Mr. Bill".

1) if you can plan it, rc can fly it2) if you absolutely positivily want to be held, set it to 100% that least checkpoint in your flight plan MUST be a vor for a hold to occur3) there are no enroute holds. you will be held, randomly based on you percentage outside departure airspacejd

Ok thank you guys. But with 100% hold chance you get sertenly a Hold procedure???

you will be held before entering approach airspace, and the last checkpoint must be a vorjd

Guest Scott Campbell

You will be given a choice of vectors or pattern. If you choose pattern, you will be told the pattern to fly and when to enter the pattern.