Sign in to follow this  
JimBob

AI A/C Takeoff Que freeze ..... Just wondering

I've been using RC for some years now and really am enjoying 4.0 ( I'll get 4.1 when the rush is done ! ). One of the new things I enjoyed was contacting the tower while taxing to the runway and then being told I was # whatever in the takeoff que. Just recently ( no add-on's and I did rebuild the database ) when I'm told to "contact tower" or "monitor tower" and I or "OTTO" switch frequencies the takeoff AI A/C que seemed to freeze , nothing moved unless I cleared the traffic by fast forwarding 8X.I checked this out by repeating the same flight numerous times and not switching frequencies until I was #1 in the que and the A/C on the runway had started his T/O roll. If I switched at that point then I would get RC4 clearence for my T/O. I tried different airports, different aircraft and a bunch of other stuff in an attempt to figure out what was causing the AI takeoff que lockup. No matter what I did, if I or "OTTO" switched to the tower per RC4 instructions the AI que would freeze. Then just for the heck of it after I had switched to the RC4 tower frequency ( different than what the AI A/C were using ) I switched back to the AI tower frequency to listen in on the AI que.Well I tuned in the AI tower freq. at just the right time. There was a 767 on the runway apparently awaiting his T/O clearence, and behind him , a DC9 next in line tells the AI tower he's ready for T/O. The A/I tower comes back and says the DC9 needs to wait because the 767 ( the one sitting on the runway waiting for T/O clearence ) is on short final for landing. I had been suspicious for awhile as it appeared that the AI T/O que was on hold as if an RC4 controlled A/C was landing. Anyway this is not a major deal as I can just wait til all A/C have cleared the que in front of me to switch to the tower but I'm really wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. I find it hard to imagine it's just my installation ( but then again ..... !!! )Last question , I'm planning to do a reinstall to see if that corrects the problem , I don't need a new key if I'm reinstalling on the same machine , or do I ???? OK that's enough , time to see if the snow blower starts.JimBob"Master of the Sr. Moment"