Sign in to follow this  
Guest johng

Unrecognised Tower

Guest johng

RCV4 does not recognise a tower for AGGH which I added using AFCAD although FS9 atc responds. The sceneryDB has been rebuilt. Any suggestions?

you will have to go into the controller's page, and click the tower option, and specify the frequencyif you're careful, you can edit the f4.csv file with NOTEPAD. make a backup if you try itsearch the forum for the file layoutjd

Guest johng

>you will have to go into the controller's page, and click the>tower option, and specify the frequency>>if you're careful, you can edit the f4.csv file with NOTEPAD.>make a backup if you try it>>search the forum for the file layout>>jdThanks for the help. I don't think that I will alter the f4.csv file!

Guest systemaddict

>you will have to go into the controller's page, and click the>tower option, and specify the frequencyI've got the same issue with an AFCAD I've created. I'm using RC v4.2.3881 and AFCAD 2.2.1.0, and don't really understand the above advice. Where should I be looking for the controller's page?SysA

don't really understand the above advice. Where should I be looking for the controller's page?Start RCv4 and load a flight plan which has the new airfield as either the departure or destination. When the "Controller Info" button becomes 'active', click on it and a page will open containing, amongst other things, details of the departure and destination airfields. By checking the boxes next to Departure, Tower, Approach etc., you can activate these functions and set the frequencies as required.This information is stored in the f4.csv file which you will find in the rcv4data folder. You can add data lines for new airports using the following format:ICAO code, airport name, atis frequency, clearance frequency, ground frequency, tower frequency, unicom frequency, multicom frequency, approach frequency, Departure frequency If you do decide to edit this file, please make a back-up first and open it in Notepad or a similar text editor and NOT with Excel or another spreadsheet.Pete

Guest systemaddict

Thanks, that has done the trick.I hope other people find this useful.SysA