Sign in to follow this  
WestJet737

Can't start up RC on second try

I used RC4.01 the first time and everything went fine. Today when I went to start it up a message said can't find C:program files/rc4/rc3.dat Radar Contact can not continue. What happened and how can I get the program going again?JDK

Guest RickT

Hi JDK,First thing to do is make sure you installed the 4.01 update into your Radar Contact folder c:program filesrcv4. Some users are making the mistake of installing the update into 1 directory below where it should be ending up with a directory structure like this:c:program filesrcv4......................rcv4......................script......................tutorials......................winwoodYour directory structure should look like this:c:program filesrcv4.....................script.....................tutorials.....................winwoodI suspect you may have done this because RC can't find its rcv3.dat file. If you find that you have the additional rcv4 directory just delete it and reinstall the update.If you have my second example please open windows explorer and navigate to your Radar Contact directory and search for the file rcv3.dat. If you can not find it send me an email rick@jdtllc.com and I will send you a replacement rcv3.dat file.Finally check your Radar Contact shortcut and make sure it is pointing to c:program filesrcv4rcv4.exe.

Thanks for the reply Rick:My directory looks like your second example so I think that means I upgraded correctly??? There is also a folder in rcv4 that is named Data. In that folder are excel forms named c4 , m4, r4, f4, n4, s4, i4, p4, and z4. I did not see a file named rcv3.dat. As I said the program worked the first time I tried it but this problem came on the next day. I did make a mistake I think of exporting my flight plan from FSNAV to Radar Contact instead of MSFS; would that have caused this?JDK

Guest RickT

Hi JDK,The rcv3.dat file should be in the main rcv4 directory not in the data directory. Exporting a flight plan to Radar Contact would not cause the rcv3.dat file to disappear.Send me an email and I will send you a rcv3.dat file replacement.