Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Run FS4.X from Main PC or via WideFS PC??

Guest United

Im trying to decide whether or not to run RC4.0 from my main FS9 computer or on my other PC via WideFS. They're both pretty strong machines. Now, if I recall, if run on WideFS, RC sounds comes from the WideFS computer, correct? Anyways, are there any real advantages to running RC4.0 directly from the FS9 based PC? Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Randy,Given the ability to run RC via widefs I can't see any reason not to. For testing purposes I've done both and can see no advantage to running it on the FS machine.As far as sound is concerned you are correct that the sound comes from the widefs machine. I believe it is possible to send it through the main FS machine by connecting the output of the widefs machines soundcard to the input of the FS machines soundcard.All the best,John

Guest United

That's an interesting thought, I may try that! Thank YOU!Randy Jura, KPDX