Sign in to follow this  
arthurplum

Arrival at destination

Hi all,Quite new to rc4,but almost everything seems to be going fine.Just having the one problem and that is on arrival at the destination airport I only have a 50/50 chance of being allocated the same runway as Ai traffic.Often have aircraft taking-off towards me on touchdown. Have the latest fsuipc 3.617 (registered) and I am running on a wide fs setup. Have set the Tcas range from 40 to 0.Tried using with and without Ai smooth.Have landed at airports with single and multiple runwaysFor weather using Fsmeteo with pre-downloaded weather. This minor irritation seems to be spoiling what is possibly one of my best fs addons.I wonder if this is unique to me, with my advancing years I find that the blindingly obvious sometimes slips through my net. Hope someone may be able to shine a light on where I may be going wrong. Happy flying Rc4 users. Arthurplum.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Not unique to you. I posted about this before. jd was very helpful, but most of what he suggested (and I implemented) you have already tried. I don't recall if you mentioned it, but presumably you have the interact with AI box chacked. I am planning to send jd a log file of a flight so he can diagnose further, when i have a nice example. I am also still experimenting and trying to isolate things. I have had everything: AI on approach overtaking me and colliding with me from behind while I am on finalAI taxiing head on into meAI taking the rwy when I am on approachAI departing on a crossing runway while I taxi across it or take off on anotherAI taking the opposite end of the runway and taking off under me when I am on approach AI passing within 100 feet of me on a collision course at flight level.I'm beginning to think my Beech Bonanza came equipped with stealth technology. The challenge is determining what is going on when nothing wrong happens. Is it that the AI are behaving correctly on this flight or airport or is it that by chance there was no conflicting AI and therefore things went smoothly? One thing I've wondered about is whether it makes any difference if the AI are VFR or IFR. Also, sometimes I think the problem is that I am flying a lengthy IAP (with a proc turn) at a slow approach speed (90-95 kts) consistent with my light prop, and the AI just get "impatient". On at least one occasion, I watched an AI on appraoch leave the airport area for a time while I approached and then return to land right in front of me. Anyway, jd is really helpful and will get to the bottom of this.