Sign in to follow this  
Guest HUMPERS

short final

Guest HUMPERS

Now that i am back happily flying my way through the tutorials, i have noticed an interesting little Quirk when requesting a short final; I notice the controller does'nt reply with a "short final approved" or something similar, but just gives you a heading to turn onto. I discovered this in tutorial 3 and this is not a complaint just an observation as at 1st it was confusing because i thought i had been refused. I assume if a short final is declined, the controller makes it clear because as i said earlier the allowing of a short final is'nt actually acknowledged as such. Anyone else noticed this?CheersRod

Hi Rod,>Now that i am back happily flying my way through the>tutorials, i have noticed an interesting little Quirk when>requesting a short final; I notice the controller does'nt>reply with a "short final approved" or something similar, but>just gives you a heading to turn onto. I discovered this in>tutorial 3 and this is not a complaint just an observation as>at 1st it was confusing because i thought i had been refused.>I assume if a short final is declined, the controller makes it>clear because as i said earlier the allowing of a short final>is'nt actually acknowledged as such. Anyone else noticed>this?>Cheers>RodI believe if you're denied the short final you would get "I'm going to keep you on down wind just a bit for spacing" or "I have your request" from the controller. These are just a couple examples.Rob Abernethy

Guest Douglas Thompson

The clearance is the approval.

Guest HUMPERS

ThanksThats what i had hoped to hear.Really enjoying the learning curve.CheersRod