Sign in to follow this  
Guest hlm65

Minor annoyance

Guest hlm65

It's almost one year I'm enjoying RC4 and so far it's really a must for me on each flight. I'm getting this minor annoyance when requesting to leave freq to listen the arrival ATIS (I do that at 60NM from destination, being helped by a fix arc on the CRTs), I get permission, I hear the ATIS, come back to frequency and then, without further press of the "req lv freq for Wx", it again asks permission to leave the frequency and I again listen to the ATIS.I've monitored this behaviour and it happens always, either if I've the comms or Otto has the comm.Just a minor annoyance, nothing to be worried about. I was just reporting it and wondering if others have the same istance happening.Tks.

Hi Enrico,If Otto has the comms he will get the weather when you are 50 miles from the airport even if you have already got it - he's very conscientious but a bit dimwitted here ;-)That is the only time I have experienced this.If you have the comms throughout it should not happen so perhaps there is something elae going on here.One point, when coming back up all you have to do is tune in the correct frequency, you don't have to press the menu selection again. That is the only thing I could think of that would cause this to happen if you have the comms.All the best,John

Guest hlm65

Ok, I'll keep a wary eye on it and see if this happens ONLY if Otto has comms (could be that I didn't realize it happened only when he was talking...), thanks a lot.