Sign in to follow this  

Project Opensky planes

The FS2002 planes that I downloaded are not working properly in AI. They take off fine but either crash land and disappear or just land way short of the runway and crash. I tried to increase the crash resistance in aircraft.cfg and the FS2002 started crashing. Does anyone know a fix or is there something else that I am overlooking here?Bobby

Aside from them not flying correctly as AI's, the planes are much too detailed to be used as AI's without a major framerate hit. The Project AI 767's work great with the MS default 777 .air file but their site is down. I also think due to the fact the POSKY's are more realistic and have to step-climb up to altitude, they would not be good for AI's. Great looking aircraft though.....

Thanks for the replies. This makes more sense now but I think it would be helpful if it is mentioned somewhere in the download section. Another point though. I was flying 767 (and I tried all flavors). After taking off and reaching a cruise altitude of 33000, I had to use almost 75% throttle to maintain .80 speed. Is this normal when the plane is loaded?Also, for a flight from sydney to san fran, on a 747-400, I had to reduce the cruise from .80 to .73 to make it with current fuel. If I had maintained .80 I would have run out of fuel somewhere over the pacific. I don't know much about the "real world" but is this the way it should be? If I use the FS2002 747 model, I can cover the same distance on .80 and still have 35% of fuel available when I reach san fran.Bobby