Sign in to follow this  
ptchang

Trouble Starting

Hello, I have purchased a new computer and tried to re-install RC4. I used the automatic email for the key but when entering the key comes back with "Run time error 75 - RadarContact.rcv4module.write_keyboard" error. I am using Vista Ultimate and have tried running the "exe" file as an administrator as suggested in previous posts. Thanks.Patrick

when running rc on vista, you have to run rc as an administrator. right mouse click the .exe or the shortcut, and click run as administrator.jd

Hi, as mentioned in my first post, I did try running the "exe" file as administrator and still the same error?Patrick

is there a keyboard.dat file in the same directory as the rcv4.exe?is that file read only? jd

Hi JD, well I tried re-installing one more time and now when entering the key, I do not get the error, but now after entering the key, the registration screen disappears and when I run RCV4.exe again (as administrator) it goes back to the registration screen. When I look at the properties for the keyboard.dat file the "read only" box is not checked...although I cannot open the file? Any other ideas? Thanks again,Patrick

are you still running as administrator? keep in mind a user on vista who is a member of the administrator group, or has administrative rights, does not mean you are running the app as administrator. you have to right mouse click, click on run as adminalso, if you want, send me your keyboard.dat file and your product id, and i'll return it to you, all registered.jd

I did do the "right-click and run as administrator" and still no luck. I have sent you an email with my keyboard.dat file and product id as requested. Thanks for your help.Patrick