Sign in to follow this  
Guest markcable

Re-installation problems

Guest markcable

Hi there,I recently had to re-install all my FS9 software, RC4.3 installed ok, but when I tried a flight in FS9 and activated RC, the comms box appeared in a transparent window with a red font and if I tried to rt/click it and set it to lock no menu appeared. I checked the modules menu bar and ADVDisplay was not there.I then downloaded the latest AdvDisplay.dll from Peter Dowsons website and copied it into my FS9Modules folder. After starting FS9 again and making sure I put a check mark against the AdvDisplay item, I then tried RC, however the transparent window was there along with the Advdisplay window. How do I get the RC comms window to appear in the Advdispaly window so I can resize and lock it?regards, Mark

advdisplay.dll isn't used anymoregrab the new 4.3 manual, and follow the quick step guidewww.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfjd

Guest markcable

Hi jd,Thanks for your quick reply, I downloaded the manual and deleted the AdvDisplay.dll file, however I still get the transparent comms box with large red text. Is it possible to take a screeshot in FS9 so I can post it as an attachment?regards, Mark

alt-prtscrn copies the window to the clipboard, open ms paint, paste, save.is it possible the transparent comms box is where the RC menus show up?

Guest markcable

Hi JD,thanks again for replying quickly.As you can see from the attachment the comms box has Radar Contact as a title, however it is not as it shown in the RC manual and there is no way to lock its position etc. FYI I am using FSUIPC 3.75, RC4.3.3845, FS9 SP1regards, Mark

grab fsuipc 3.81, link pinned at the top of the forumyou can move the window around, wherever you want, click on the darker top of the window, where it says radar contact, and drag itjd