Recently I made the decision to upgrade to windows 10, why I don't know. I had tile proxy working in windows 7 just fine.
I tried to install it in windows 10 and followed this thread even though I don't have the Steam Edition of FSX
But it did not work. much to my dismay. any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know someones gonna say "go back to windows 7"
1) Create a cache folder (better on another HDD or SSD) (me : D:\TileProxy\)
2) Install TP : Destination folder by default (shoul be the "steam\common\ ...")
3) When asking for "cache" an "photoreal" : type your folder in 1) (D:\TileProxy\)
4) Set the others options as you like
5) Windows 10 will show an error for the unsigned driver
6) Run "Digital Signature Enforcement Overrider" (dseo13b.exe)
7) Select "Sign a system file" an next
8) Search for "tileproxy.sys" or paste "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys"
9) Reboot and do again 2) 3) 4) : no more signature error
10) Disable superfetch services (Windows key and R : "services.msc")
Now there is a problem with Windows UAC : Usually to disable UAC you have to slide down the security in user account interface but there is another UAC hidden in Windows 10. For TP to work you have to edit the registry and disable LUA (0).
By doing this a lot of Windows 10 features as mail, market, internet explorer (edge) will not work anymore. You have to set back LUA to default (1) for using these features. So you have to switch between LUA Off and LUA On depends of what you would like to do.
I create a .REG registry key for do it faster (view link at the bottom)
11) To do this "manually" you have to lauch Regedit (Windows key and R : regedit) and go to this tree : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]right click on "EnableLUA" and set the value to 0 (set it to 1 if you want to enable it back)
12) In the "ProxyUser.ini" you have have to search for "cache_folder" and set your folder created in 1) (i have one set : view link at the bottom)
13) Now the great surprise is that your FSX SE does not work anymore (FSX has stopped working) , it is because of the SimConnect.MSI provided by TP is an old version. In Steam, right click on FSX / Properties and browse in tabs to find a "Verify Files Integrity" (Or something like this, mine is in french)
You can install it manually by lauching SimConnect.MSI from this folder : H:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK.