Sign in to follow this  
freded

Getting 'NO ROUTES AVAILABLE' yet again!

Hi, yet again,

For the nth time, when CAREFULLY working through Tutorial 1.5 I have managed to evoke that dreaded 'NO ROUTES AVAILABLE' error message in RTE 1 1/2. This is at Page 31 of the Tutorial, where it says: "Go to the RTE page, enter PFO103 (PMDG Flight Ops 103) in the Flight Number field, and then press <REQUEST.".

I have checked that PFO103.RTE is present in folder ...\Prepar3D 3.4.18\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777, and I have not got that disastrous 'Estonia' program on my computer. So it must be something else.

All steps prior to the ROUTE REQUEST had been completed exactly as the Tutorial instructs and I had successfully completed (also on Page 31):-

"-Turn on the ADIRU.
"-Line select the GPS position and place it into the SET INERTIAL POS field of the INIT REF page."

So why is my REQUEST for the Flight not working?

Forum members may remember my posting this same query several months ago, to which there was a number of suggestions - none of which worked for me... Perhaps I'll be luckier this time?!

By the way, I notice that there is a possible mistake in the screenshot of RTE 1 on Page 31 of Tutorial 1.5. Under FLT NO it shows "PFO13", although the name of the Flight Number is actually 'PFO103'.

Probably an insignificant thing  but I mention it in case it's relevant to my problem.

OK. Panic over!

I looked in the Introduction.pdf, on Pages 157/8 and played about with various LSKs on the RTE page of the FMC.

I had already filled out the ORIGIN & DESTINATION fields, so I entered '30' in LSK 2L and pressed ACTIVATE, then EXEC lit up, so I pressed that.

Now I have the Flight showing on the ND and can continue with the Tutorial...

What exactly I did to achieve this is a mystery! :smile:

Hooray!

I've got her on Runway 30 at last!

Now to actually fly the Triple-Seven...

I've got her on Runway 30 at last!

If you ever do 1.5 again maybe you should just start on Page 42 and load the plane with the 777 with the default panel state. You are to be congratulated for you perseverance!

If you ever do 1.5 again maybe you should just start on Page 42 and load the plane with the 777 with the default panel state. You are to be congratulated for you perseverance!

Thanks Michael, for the congrats! Yes, I do persevere - though my wife calls it stubbornness!

I think when I've completed Tutorial 1.5's flight (she's off the ground now & heading fo SWANN), that I'll try a different route, using Tut. 1.5 as a guide. But how do you import/create a flight plan for the 777? Can you import one from FSX/P3D? Or make one complete with SID & STAR from inside the FMC? I can't find anything describing this in the Tutorials or in the Introduction.

But how do you import/create a flight plan for the 777? Can you import one from FSX/P3D? Or make one complete with SID & STAR from inside the FMC? I can't find anything describing this in the Tutorials or in the Introduction.

I am use to working with PFPX which is a flight planner that generates routes which I export to PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777 as co routes. I then enter the route name (KDFWKORD02.rte) on the scratchpad and then line select it to right line 3 on the RTE 1 page. See FCOM 2 page 11.40.17 on.

I think the routes generated by FSX/P3D would have the extension .pln and can not be used by the 777. To be used by the 777 the extension must be .rte.

A route can be created in the FMC. See FCOM 2 page 11.40.20 on. I would create the core route first SID TRANS, cruise, STAR TRANS. Using the DEP/ARR pages I would add the SID and STAR to the route created. This route GRABE7 EAKER OKM J181 BDF BENKY4 is from KDFW to KORD. In this route GRABE7 is the SID and BENKY4 is the STAR. EAKER and BDF are the TRANS and OKM J181 is the cruise route.

Thanks Michael,

I thought PFPX sounded familiar... I found it on my computer  - I had installed it last September !

I'll give it a go.

Thanks also for the method of creating routes in the FMC. I must get down to reading FCOM 2.

Mark

FCOMv2 Chapter 11, Flight Management, Navigation to my way of thinking is the meat of the 777 airplane. Both FCOMs are important but I spend more time in that one chapter than all the others combined.