Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grahame Myers

anyone know what's going on here?

Guest Grahame Myers

Hi allYesterday I finally got round to installing the DC3 into FSX (without Acceleration btw), as I now have the Saitek yoke with two throttle quadrants, so I can fly twin-engine props realisticly at last!It all seems to be working fine, except for a small problem. Please look at the gauges in the screenshot I've attached: Weird, huh?Does anyone have any idea what's gone wrong? Maybe I've missed something obvious, it's easy to lose track when installing into FSX, as I've collected so many different installers and patches etc. over the years, I'm not quite sure what's what :-) BestGrahame

Guest Grahame Myers

OK, I'm an idiot :-roll Most of what you can see in the first screenshot is caused by the rest from the yoke after installing the "no yoke" fix. Is this normal btw? Shouldn't the yoke be transparent and not black ?However, one instrument is still partly missing, even in the cockpits of the other versions without the no yoke fix installed. It looks that way in both the VC and the 2-D cockpit, please see the screenshot I've attatched.I must abmit it's a while since I've flown her, and I can't say whether this was also the case in FS9 or not. I removed FS9 from my system some time ago, but I've only just got round to installing my MAAM aircraft in FSX.Is my version too old? I bought the CD for FS8, and then updated to FS9, and now with the FSX compatability patch on top running in FSX, maybe something has become corrupted?Anyone any ideas?BestGrahame

Guest Grahame Myers

Well I don't seem to be having much luck today... After waiting the whole day for a reply here, nothing....So I thought I'd buy a more recent version to see if that was the problem. The 30 bucks is for a good cause I thought.Sooo, at 08.01am I paid for a new d/l version, and also got the purchase confirmation emailed to me. So far, so good. The d/l link with my key etc? (which should arrive within an hour, according to the online store at MAAM), never arrived, so after waiting an hour or two, I sent MAAM a mail asking nicely if anything was amiss. Result? Er...nothing...Here we are 16 hrs later, I'm $30 poorer, and still no d/l link or key.Have I missed something? Are the whole team on holiday? Has a meteorite fallen on Reading PA? Is the server down? (The one that sends the d/l's I mean, the server that processes your credit card seems to be working :-hah )I'm sure I remember MAAM's service as being better than this in the past, maybe I've just been unlucky today. Sorry, but I just had to get it off my chest ;-)Regards Grahame

Whoo, Grahame, slow down my friend!Sorry your three posts were unreplied to, to date, but they are all within one day! Remember we are all volunteers here for MAAM, and the real world gets in the way now and again.I'm going to leave Bill Rambow to answer on the issue of your new payment - for which thank you, very much, because it was not necessary but is very much appreciated in support of the museum - but I can help on a couple of points you raise:1. The no-yoke fix was not an official upload, and was for FS9 anyway. I have not even tried it myself yet in FSX (being personally buried in real world distractions over the past few months) but without a doubt work will be needed to make it fully compatible with FSX, Acceleration or not. MS keep moving the goalposts on us, and others. Handling of textures and transparency varies even between FSX and FSX Acceleration.2. That instrument "blank spot" you mention is a little confusing, I concede, but is an exact representation of the real thing. That is how it looks.Please be aware that MAAM-SIM continues to do its best to keep up with everything that MS throws at us and that we hope to release a fully compatible set of files for FSX and all its various iterations in due course; if, that is, MS don't dump the thing themselves and move on before we can catch up :)For others reading this, if you have bought earlier versions of our product, you never NEED to buy a later version to enjoy updates/upgrades or add-ons that we continue to produce as freeware. Everything that appears on later disks as standard is to be found on our FREE STUFF page for earlier purchasers.But all spare dollars are always welcomed ;) MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Hi Grahame,Sorry about the delay answering you, both here and for the museum store. On the contrary, we are not on vacation. The team is in the middle of beta-testing the TBM, and today I was raking leaves, winterizing the motorhome, and nursing my wife who has the flu.I have just sent your DL link by e-mail since your ISP apparently bounced the original message the store software sends out. Sadly, some ISPs think maam.org is a spammer and block us.If you are still unhappy about this, I'll process a refund for you. But if not, thanks for the donation. We really appreciate it.Mark is right about the radar altimeter. That black area is a shield behind which the needle appears and disappears as it moves.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Grahame Myers

Hi teamSorry if I went over the top a bit yesterday, I didn't really mean to have a go, patience is not one of my virtues (or so my wife tells me at every opportunity, :-) )I recieved the mail with my purchase confirmation very quickly, and also looked in my spam box on the ISP just in case it'd blocked some other mail (normally I let Eudora collect all my mails from their server), so I did wonder a bit that the d/l link never came.About the radio Alt: I never ceased to be amazed about how you can use something for years before you notice some detail or other: I've been flying the DC3 since FS2000, and never noticed that :-) I must be getting old I guess, I'll put it down to one of my senior moments...Don't worry about the $30: It's for a good cause, and now I have a version where everything is in one installer, instead of having to install all the updates and addons manually. Incidently, I just dug out my CD that I bought back then, and it's the version that "works in FS2000 and FS98" :-) Those were the days, eh?And anyway, in euros that's just over

Hi Grahame,Thanks for your kind response. I certainly know all about senior moments, as my wife and team mates can attest!Even if the ISP spam thing is not the issue, every once in a while the credit card gateway software/store software connection short-circuits and fails, so that may have been the case here. Fortunately it's a rare occurrence.Wow, if you had the FS98/FS2000 R4D, that was the pre-Gmax, no VC model which is not even compatible with FS beyond FS2002! I suspect you have yet another CD somewhere, since you showed us a screenie from the VC. That would make you a triple R4D customer, and one of long-standing. :-) ThanksBill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Grahame Myers

BillYou are of course correct, upon doing a more thorough search I found another CD, a later one for FS8/9, with the multi-media stuff and videos included.I think I was getting cofused with the B-25, which I first bought for FS8, but as a download, at least I can only find the exectable file, but no CD. Hmm, another senior moment :-)I've bought so much stuff over the years, would've probably been cheaper to do some refresher hours and get my PPL back, I lost it in 1982 due to not being able to afford the hours to keep it current, and later was somehow too busy with family etc, you know how the time flies when you have children :-)And now that the kids are grown up, I'm over fifty, and with a minor heart problem that would probably exclude flying again for real, I've missed the boat as we say in england :-)I really must get round to sorting all my FS software out someday, been saying that for years, but probably won't before FS11 comes, and then the game will start from the begining again.Luckily, I gave all my FS95 and FS98 stuff away some years ago, otherwise it'd be even worse! I "only" have shelves full of CD's for FS2000 onwards, that's bad enough!RegardsGrahame