Sign in to follow this  
PatP

Contact points and doors

Does anybody possess accurate contact points for the PMDG 747-400X? The jetway is docking below the forward left door and the baggage loader thinks the cargo door is underneath the plane. Instructions on where to put the code as well would be fantastic. Also, what key commands open doors on the PMDG? I've tried the FSX traditional shift-e-1,2,3,4 but it doesn't seem to work... and I know PMDG made animated doors on their 747.

See the pmdg menu for keycommands. The doors have to be animated through these.

Dan Downs KCRP

I looked at the PMDG menu in the simulator, but there was nothing on key commands or animated doors. Am I looking in the wrong place? If you could tell me how to do it that would be great.

Has anyone answered the man's question.  I have the same problem.  Does anyone have an accurate set of contact points for the PMDG 747-400?

I looked at the PMDG menu in the simulator, but there was nothing on key commands or animated doors. Am I looking in the wrong place? If you could tell me how to do it that would be great.

Under Addons, select PMDG, General, Keyboard Commands, Doors

All the doors are listed, you need to assign a key combinaiton to operate them.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Does anybody possess accurate contact points for the PMDG 747-400X?

Has anyone answered the man's question. I have the same problem. Does anyone have an accurate set of contact points for the PMDG 747-400?

Patience is a virtue. OK, Contact points aren't what you need to change. That is for ground contact points like wheels and engine pods. If you change those the model will not sit correctly relative to the ground. It could seriously mess things up.

The values you need to change for the passenger doors are the exits. The docking position for the jetway is a bit low. I found increasing the hvertical offset by 3 (feet) improves things. The line you need to edit is the first one in aircraft.cfg after [exits].

exit.0 = 0.4, -31.1147, -9.5702, 1.11891, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

I changed 1.11891 to 4.11891 which makes the jetway dock 3 feet higher and better aligned with the door sill.

-31.1147 represents the longitudunal distance in feet from the model reference.

-9.5702 represents the lateral distance to the left.

You need to save the changes then reload the aircraft to see the effect.

PMDG haven't provided cargo door offsets. Someone with some spare time might be able to create and adjust them. You just need to add three more exit lines with a sequential suffix number, like this:

exit.2 = 0.4, -31.1147, -9.5702, 1.11891, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.3 = 0.4, -31.1147, -9.5702, 1.11891, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.4 = 0.4, -31.1147, -9.5702, 1.11891, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

The numbers in bold would need to be changed (they are still as for L1 door). It isn't difficult, just time consuming. The comment after the // tells you what each number represents.

ki9cAAb.jpg