•  

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.

- - - - -

lost in the triangle save bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inactive Member_rcgldr_***

Inactive Member_rcgldr_***
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:31 AM

I'm trying to create a set of saves during the lost in the triangle mission, but when I load a save, it goes in to free flight mode as opposed to mission mode. All mission related info is gone.I'm running on Windows XP if that makes any difference.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 basys

basys

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

I'm trying to create a set of saves during the lost in the triangle mission, but when I load a save, it goes in to free flight mode as opposed to mission mode. All mission related info is gone.I'm running on Windows XP if that makes any difference.

Hi Folksrcgldr -The mission engine utilises additional CPU cycles,over that required in normal free-flight mode.Its a known issuewhen you have your sliders set too high,and FSX is still playing catch-up attempting to render the scenery.Try the following -Firstly delete all your non-working saved mission flights.Then fly your mission to the point you wish to save.Before saving - - Hit the pause button.- Wait 5 secs.- Then save.HTHATBPaul

#3 Inactive Member_rcgldr_***

Inactive Member_rcgldr_***
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

Before saving - - Hit the pause button. - Wait 5 secs. - Then save.

Didn't make any difference. When I load a savefile, I the mission compass is gone, and if I press escape, I see "end flight" instead of "end mission".