Sign in to follow this  
sunnydaze

Error 1001

Hi every one.I had to reinstall Vox ATC (6.05) but when I get the screen to select the planes I want to install it on,I get this message....Error 1001. An exception occurred during the commit phase of the installation.And then it cancels the install. Can you help me with this?Win 7 64 bit. FSX SP1 / 2Thanks.Dennis

Dennis Elliott

So, you are talking about the VAPanelSelect tool only or the VoxATC installation in general? Did you try running it as administrator? Maybe the rights of that executable block you.

HiIt is the installation it's self. I can not get by the panel select screen,although that seems to work,but when I close that down I see the error 1001 message.I have reinstalled Vox many times now over the years,but this is new to me.If you have any ideas,I will try them.,Thanks for the response.Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Maybe VoxATC and tools make use of some basic VisualBasic or DotNet components on your PC, which sometimes aren't there or get corrupted. Can you check some of those parts too?

I can try,but I am not sure how to do that.I have sent an Email to Tegwyn about this problem,so unless it is easy to check the things you suggest, maybe I should wait for his reply.Thank you for helping me with this,I really appreciate it.Dennis

Dennis Elliott

No problem.The mentioned DotNet and Visual Basic stuff can be found under Programs and Features where they show up as some Windows component (in the case of Win7 and DotNet) or as Microsoft Visual C++. You can uninstall/install them (DotNet) or click repair (C++) to force a "clean" setup then.You will have DotNet 3.5.1 or so, and a 4.0 version and various C++ entries, from 2005 up to 2010 there.I really think that this error is related to the Visual C++ stuff, so clicking "repair" there might help and shouldn't harm your system. Now, if you haven't already installed these C++ things, you can get them here. This is an example link to the 2008 x84 installation. See the description to spot why this may influence quite some programs.

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed.

I just heard from Tegwyn. He asked me to see if Internet Explorer was some how uninstalled or disabled,and it was just that. Don't know how it happened but after installing IE-9, all is well once again.As always,thanks for the helpDennis

Dennis Elliott

Thanks for that information, Dennis. Strange dependency, huh? However, happy flights and friendly ATC for you. :(