Hello there internet! Some help please? :)System spec belowSo this evening I wanted to fly the a321 wich I haven't done for ages. (I have played without any problems for the last months). And I looked for the aircraft but I musthave deleted it sometime... So i googled and I read that I should use the repair tool from disk one.I started it and it finsihed... When I looked into my simobjects/airplanes folder I saw the a321 now! Started the game and then for the first time EVER, Microsoft flight simulator har crashed (fatal error). I was like Rolling%20Eyes.gif cause it worked just 15 minutes ago and all I did was using the repair tool from the cd to get my a321 back wich it did.Now I've no clue what to do! The game wont even start so i can click the menus such as free flight, missions you know the deal. It only shows the fsx startup thing and then I get the Fatal error message from windows .What I've done is installed the microsoft XP UIAutomationCore.dll after I've read that this is a common error. Didnt help a bit!I've deleted the logbook file after I read that this helped for another user with the same problem.The same user later fixed his problem by changing the FSX.CFG file with an added .BAK to the end so FSX could recreate that file. I can't find it and I dunno how to search for hidden files. <-- Delete could work?I've also read here on avsim that g3d.dll? might be the problem but I've no clue what that is...Unfortunatly I gotta go to bed now, school tomorrow but I'll be checking with you tomorrow to see if there has been any good comments that can help me ;)Mayby restore the FSX folder to an older date? Dunno how to... heheAnyway, I will be very happy if someone bothers helping me so I can play this awesome game again and I'll be happy to reply to your comments and questions!btw im not very good at computer language ;)If you have any similar threads (wich I cant find obviously) then please link them and ill delete this post ASAP if it helps me! ;) CheersWindows 7 64bitFlight simulator Deluxe edition with a couple of freeware addonsAllaround a ok computer wich I know can handle fsx!!! Worked yesterday and before that...David (sorry for misspelling)

I don't know how many add-ons or other software you have installed but if you are running a bare bones FSX setup a complete un-install/ re-install is not too painful. If you have a ton of add ons or a lot of time invested in your set up you may save that option as a last resort.I would try the following...Delete your fsx .cfg file and let it rebuild which it should on the next launch if you get past the fatal error.I also have had luck solving random crashes by updating .net framework and C++ libraries

RE Thomason Jr.

Guest firehawk44

Blaze above has some good advice but see you can't view the FSX.cfg to delete it.You need to look at the System Event Viewer and see what caused the crash first. To get to the Event Viewer, click on the Start Icon, then type 'Event' in the search bar and then look up in the menu at the top and you should see Event Viewer. Click on it. Open up Custom Views then Administrative Events. Look at the date and time of your crash and open up the error report. You should then see the module that caused the crash. Tell us.Best regards,Jim

Guest jahman

You might have a corrupted logbook that is causing the CTD. Diagnose, Fix.Cheers,- jahman.

I have no Idea what's up with my camputer..I am searching for the fsx.cfg and logbook.bin but I cant find them. Yesterday i deleted logbook.bin and today i restored it. Went searching for it on my computer but I cant find it on my harddrive. Something seems very strange so I think what I'm going to do is just reeinstall the game fresh and I hope that will settle it. I'll write down what "favorite" addons aI have and mayby I can look them up again. I think they are all in my downloaded files.Well thanks for the help!If you come up with any good solutions before I come home from school I'll try them out :)I guess my problem is that I can't do what people now suggest for various reasons. One thing is that I've microsoft installed in swedish so it's pretty hard somtimes just searching for a programm that they've renamed hehe. The other thing is I can't find the files wich I KNOW is installed somewhere on my computer.... I've opened them before and if I remember correctly this was the fix for me two years ago, deleating the fsx.cfg but now I can't find it Rolling%20Eyes.gif. EDIT: I forgott to search for logbook.bin in other flaces than my flightsimulator file... Found it, changed name to Logbook1.bin but nothing improved. Well, The game crashed earlier than before.. Still cant find my fsx.cfg So Blaze, thanks for the tip, although I can't find the fsx.cfg on my hardware....Firehawk44, thanks for the tip with event viewer but unfortunatly I don't know the swedish name for the program so its pretty hard. When i typed in event in the searchbox i found something, started it and windows firewall or something searched my computer (no virus).. ;)Jahman, thanks for the links. I think my problem lies within the logbook.bin or fsx.cfg files but I can't find them unfortunatly. Read somewhere that you have to search for hidden files but I'm not super awesome at computers so that seems to be a dead end for me unfortunatly.Thanks once again! Ill start my reinstall later this day if I cant fix this stupid error hehe.David

Guest firehawk44
Firehawk44, thanks for the tip with event viewer but unfortunatly I don't know the swedish name for the program so its pretty hard. When i typed in event in the searchbox i found something, started it and windows firewall or something searched my computer (no virus).. ;) David
Just in case, for the future, Loggboken is Swedish for Event Viewer. Sorry to hear you will be doing a complete reinstall but looks like the right option based on your situation.Best regards,Jim

Just in case, for the future, Loggboken is Swedish for Event Viewer. Sorry to hear you will be doing a complete reinstall but looks like the right option based on your situation.Best regards,Jim
Hi Jim!Found it now in my searchwindow! Good to know if I encounter any problems in the future!So I did the full reinstall and added some aircraft. If you add the time together it only took 3 hours while watching TV and eating lunch ;) The game runs smoothly now, no fatal error just some graphic settings that I need to get back but I'll find them in a day or two I guess.Thanks for the help anyway! Still think the problem was somewhere in the fsx.cfg file.../David