Sign in to follow this  
takl23

FSX: This graphics card does not meet minimum requirements...

New Zotac GTX970. Rest of the system specs: I2500k OC'd 4.4ghz MSI mobo 16gb ram. Win7 64bit. 

Installed new 970 tonight. Upgrading from 660ti. Installed new card, removed old drivers, reboot installed new drivers reboot. Received the error: This graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support. This product requires a geForce3/Radeon8500 class or better graphics card. FSX will now exit.  

I tried removing the shaders in username/local/microsoft... and erasing the fsx.cfg. CFG shows the new card. Nothing is working. I got the card for FSX but also for another sim I run. 

I did remove FSX and reinstall. Rebooted and then installed Acceleration and that's when I got the error. FSX ran w/o Acceleration installed. 

Any thoughts are more than welcome!

Tim

Are you sure your not plugged into your MOBO socket? its easy to do and you would then be using the vastly inferior on board GPU

ZORAN

I found the issue. My GoogleFu was a little off. See this thread: http://community.vatsim-uk.co.uk/topic/29425-calling-any-fsx-expert/ and this from this thread: 

You pointed me in the right direction, and by disabling Shape Services iDisplay and Air Display Graphics Adapter in my Device Manager, I am now able to use FSX using SP2. I have wasted so much time trying to isolate this problem I am now over the moon! I can now start installing all my other aircraft and services and get back to a normal life....

Thanks Zoran, I'm not. I run triple screen 2DVI x 1 HDMI, but that would be a good thought. 

Thank you for your quick reply!

Tim,

Let us know how much better FSX performs with the new GPU.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I really like it so far. I brought AA to 32x in Nvidia Inspector as I was getting some shimmering trees. Using the flight 1 b200 at Blueprints LAX I noticed a marked fps improvement of about 8-10fps so from 15 to about 25 on very dense scenery settings up from dense.

I will sell my 660ti to offset the cost but the price point at $330usd was well worth it imho especially because I also run iRacing on triples.

Tim