Sign in to follow this  
TheBoom

Missing Jetways

Hi all,

I've been using P3D 2.5 for some time now with all the regular addons (GSX, REX TD, ORBX, ASN, OPUS FSI). However I've noticed that my jetways have been slowly disappearing over the months and now they're almost extinct. It didn't bug me at first but now its a little disturbing since they're almost all gone. 

Upon doing a google search I found that only a few seem to have this problem and its mostly related to AES. I do not have AES installed (using GSX) and I've checked my scenery library just in case. I do have a few addon airports installed but the funny thing is that this only occurs at default airports.

The only thing I have changed recently is the scenery settings because for some reason after installing FTX Global 1.40 my fps dropped to the teens and reducing the sliders to 2 for all (vegetation, building and autogen) seem to have resolved the low fps.

The last thing I wanna resort to is reinstalling since its going to be a lot of work reinstalling all the addons and albeit unnecessary if it doesn't solve the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For default airports the jetways are tied to the Scenery Complexity slider. So, the farther left you move the slider the less jetways you'll see. Some addon airports also tie the jetways to this slider as well, but not all.

If you want to overcome that issue for default airports, you can edit the default AFCAD for an airport to display the jetways at even the lowest setting of the Scenery Complexity slider.

If your slider is far right and you're still missing jetways then it's another issue like AES that you mentioned or something else.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For default airports the jetways are tied to the Scenery Complexity slider. So, the farther left you move the slider the less jetways you'll see. Some addon airports also tie the jetways to this slider as well, but not all.

If you want to overcome that issue for default airports, you can edit the default AFCAD for an airport to display the jetways at even the lowest setting of the Scenery Complexity slider.

If your slider is far right and you're still missing jetways then it's another issue like AES that you mentioned or something else.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Is there any tutorial out there that helps with the editing of the default AFCAD? Also by scenery complexity do you mean the autogen one or the buildings one?

Is there any tutorial out there that helps with the editing of the default AFCAD?

Yes, go to the ScruffyDuck website and download ADE for free. That's the tool you'll use to edit the AFCAD. Their site also has tutorials and it comes with an instructional guide that you can use to do it. It's pretty straight forward.

Also by scenery complexity do you mean the autogen one or the buildings one?

Neither. In the Scenery - Setting box in the P3D menue, there is a box at the bottom that says Scenery Objects. In that box there are three settings, Scenery Complexity, Autogen Vegatation Density, and Autogen Building Density. The one at the top I mentioned before called Scenery Complexity is the one that controls amoung other things, how many jetways will be displayed. If you set it too far left, you'll have no jetways, all the way right and you'll have all jetways, in between you'll have some jetways. That slider controls other buildings and objects at airports and other places like city scapes, etc.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, go to the ScruffyDuck website and download ADE for free. That's the tool you'll use to edit the AFCAD. Their site also has tutorials and it comes with an instructional guide that you can use to do it. It's pretty straight forward.

Neither. In the Scenery - Setting box in the P3D menue, there is a box at the bottom that says Scenery Objects. In that box there are three settings, Scenery Complexity, Autogen Vegatation Density, and Autogen Building Density. The one at the top I mentioned before called Scenery Complexity is the one that controls amoung other things, how many jetways will be displayed. If you set it too far left, you'll have no jetways, all the way right and you'll have all jetways, in between you'll have some jetways. That slider controls other buildings and objects at airports and other places like city scapes, etc.

Thanks again for the help. I'll attempt increasing the Scenery Complexity first and see if performance can hold up.