Sign in to follow this  
rofler

PMDG 777 - FS2CREW Landing Lights at 10k

Dear all,

first of all I would like to give you some background information about the system and programs used:

P3D V3

PMDG 777 latest update

FS2Crew for PMDG 777 latest update

ASN

FSCaptain

Problem:

I selected in the CFG page to switch off Landing Lights at 10k. Unfortunately, my FO does not "assist" me in this matter. So, I checked the manuals for both the 737NGX and the 777, read some topics about this issue and sometimes I found that the PIC has to operate the Ldg Lights manually. So I did it but as I am about 1000 feet below cruising altitude, the FO announces that we reach 10k and turns on the Landing lights again...

I tried to reinstall, without success. Could you please be so kind and give me some hints how to overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Sergej

The FO should turn off the lights at 10,000 feet.  Maybe at some airlines the PF has to turn off the lights, but not in FS2Crew 777.

Your problem is you're turning off the lights manually.  Don't touch them.  The FO is toggling them back on (he's actually trying to turn them off).

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your reply. I think I was not very clear in my explanation. Sorry for that. I will try to do a step-by-step expl. of my situation:

1. Plan flight with PFPX + TOPCAT for the 772

2. Load default A/C in P3D V3

3. Switch to PMDG 777

4. Do all the preparation work together with the FO (PF)

5. Depart from the gate, take off and climb

6. During climb, I set the QNH to STD at the required FL

7. At 10000f the FO is supposed to turn off the lights (excluding the nose landing light as per my configuration)

(8.). As I want it to be a bit more "real" I am switching off the lights.

8. Anywhere between FL10 and cruising alt (but mostly about 2000 to 1000 feet below cruising alt), the FO shuts down the lights (or on, depending on step (8.)).

As far as I understand there is a config issue that the FO thinks that the lights should go off at cruising alt. Maybe I can upload a video anytime soon to make it more "visible" for you.

Once again, thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Sergej

Hi Sergej,

I'd need to see the video, but I think the problem is you are manually turn off the lights as you said in (8).  Don't manually turn off the lights.

Also ensure your units of measurement are set to Feet, not meters, in the FS options.

Best,

• Upvote 1

Hi Bryan,

Thanks again for your reply!

I will look up my Sim settings and will try to make a video on the weekend.

Thanks again for your great support and the awesome add-on!

Sergej

Bryian,

Once again - Thank you for your support! Yesterday I checked my Sim config and the measurements where indeed in Meters/Millibar instead of Hybrid. I assume that this will also solve my problem stated.

Thanks agian,

Sergej

Bryan,

Indeed it was the settings inside P3D... I am sorry that I did not see this in the manual.

Still, FS2Crew is just an amazing addon. If not the best addon, I have running (and I run A LOT) :) Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to some great years with you!

Regards,

Sergej

Bryan,

Indeed it was the settings inside P3D... I am sorry that I did not see this in the manual.

Still, FS2Crew is just an amazing addon. If not the best addon, I have running (and I run A LOT) :) Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to some great years with you!

Regards,

Sergej

Cheers!