Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Video card and monitor question

hi all, I need to ping on your knowledge and brains for suggestions. 

I am currently running FSX and PMDG 737 using only the graphic hardware of my CPU, an i7 @ 3.6GHz with HD Graphics 4600 drivers and i must admit that I am pretty happy with how it looks especially because i am flying on a relatively low resolution, 1360x768 and that because it's a  a 32" HDTV which is the max this TV allows. On the bright side, the big screen is awesome.

Ok so first question, I found a used PNY GTX 750 Performance video card which is priced $70 which is half the price of a new one. I don't know much about video cards and my question is: is it worth the money in your opinion? i know that adding a video card is better but do you think I would see that much of a difference going from just the CPU to this relatively inexpensive videocard? 

the second question is perhaps more of a matter of personal taste so not easy answer but here it is. I surely like the TV big screen but i also would like a little higher resolution and i am debating whether i should get another TV same size 32" but capable of 1920x1080 priced at $250 dollars or would you go with similar size monitor  which as you know is capable of much higher resolution BUT then the performance goes down...which bring back the videocard topic. Big monitors are also quite expensive!

Thank you

Andrea De Biase

I have very good experience with the GTX750Ti, and it's reviews are very good.  It is a very good card at that price. I used it for almost a year before my new build, which has a GTX980Ti that is much better but much much more expensive.  For the price I don't think you can beat the 750Ti.

You monitor needs to fit your budget first, then your card.  The 750Ti 2GB can handle 1920x1080 quite easily.  I ran my 750Ti on a 32-in 2K monitor at 2560x1440 without problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

I got the card for 60, was a good move! looks much better now. Next....a new HDTV with higher res.

Andrea De Biase