Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

What to unlicense before an upgrade install?

I'm about to do an upgrade to Windows 10 as due to real life I have no time to do a reinstall of my many hundreds of programs and add-ons and I've left it to the last minute as usual...

The question is - will any of the installed sims and add-ons be deactivated by the upgrade as would happen with a significant hardware upgrade..

For instance DCS - should the individual serial keys be deactivated and reactivated afterwards?

Similarly Prepar3D, which I think has to be deactivated before moving to a new disk even?

Any others?

Any add-ons (mostly FSX/P3D) that might have an issue?

Thanks

Keith

I'm about to do an upgrade to Windows 10 as due to real life I have no time to do a reinstall of my many hundreds of programs and add-ons and I've left it to the last minute as usual...

The question is - will any of the installed sims and add-ons be deactivated by the upgrade as would happen with a significant hardware upgrade..

For instance DCS - should the individual serial keys be deactivated and reactivated afterwards?

Similarly Prepar3D, which I think has to be deactivated before moving to a new disk even?

Any others?

Any add-ons (mostly FSX/P3D) that might have an issue?

Thanks

Keith

The only programs that required a re-register (but was automatic) was ASN  (the first time I ran it, it auto re-registered, so was no sweat.  I had to put in my P3D v2.4 licence  upon start, but P3D v3 did not require anything. Active Sky Evolution (which I use for FS9) also auto re-registered.  That was it.  Every other program ran as though it were still under W7.

Nothing Orbx required any kind of addressing, when being run, or read.

Thanks for confirmation.

I've gone ahead and done the upgrade that went painlessly, but had to move P3D off my C drive to make space.

When I delete the old Win 7 folder I'll be able to move it back and hopefully it will still work.

Cheers

Keith

Thanks for confirmation.

I've gone ahead and done the upgrade that went painlessly, but had to move P3D off my C drive to make space.

When I delete the old Win 7 folder I'll be able to move it back and hopefully it will still work.

Cheers

Keith

Great to read, Keith, glad it was polished for you! :)

Surprisingly P3D worked after being restored to the C: drive - I'd expected to have to email LM to reset the license but no need :)

Cheers

Keith