Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave92

"Request startup"

Guest Dave92

Hi,First of all a big thank you for making FS so much more enjoyable for me :-) I got RC4 as a Christmas present and have never flown without it since!I have just one small question: I often hear AI aircraft making calls such as "request startup" instead of "request push and start". Is there any way for the user aircraft to request startup only instead of push and start? I fly into many small airports where the aircraft turn round at the gate before shutdown so they do not require pushback, only startup clearance from ATC.Thanks in advance for any help! :-)Dave

This has been changed in version 5 to reflect whether in the FAA jurisdiction or ICAO areas.In the FAA areas request push implies startup as well. In non-FAA areas each request is separate as Request Push and Request Start being separate menu items. This is the current state of the beta. Release is still months away.The FAA has announced they are going to start using more ICAO terminology and procedures, so this might change in RC by release time.No changes are available for RC 4.For very small airports without gates, try just requesting taxi with a ground contact and then start and roll. In FAA GA airports I believe it is common to start engines without permission as they are usually facing out from their parking location.