Sign in to follow this  
rgr841

Flightplan locking up fs9

Within the last week fs9 is freezing up when i load a flightplan using the following. i use flightaware to obtain the f/p, next i use fsbuild, and radar contact to generate the plan. in fs9, i load the plan in that format and load into the fms lately for the e-170/190. now when i click okay in fs9 to exit the flightplan generator the sim freezes up and i have to use ctrl-alt-delete to escape. however, when i generate a f/p strictly using fs9 it loads fine. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Don't use the FS9 flight planner... Its bad news.Instead let FSbuild export the flight plan into the " my documents/Flight Simulator" folder.Start FS9 and load up the plane at your departure airport ( don't use the flight planner ). Once loaded at the gate press the ALT key to bring up the drop down menu. On the far left go to Flights, then flight planner. Click on load and import the plan. When it askes you to load at the departure ( Nancy Regan said it best ) just say no.Alt Tab out of Flight Sim.Start Radar Contact and import the flight plan. It should work then.

i'm just getting back up after hurricane gustav, but still having the problem. i've tried several flightplans, the sim still locks up. I use fsbuild, radar contact, after downloading from flightaware. when i click on load to import the flightplan in fs9 is when the lockup occurs. i don't use the fs9 flight planner at all except to import the plan.

1. Do you experience this with as default aircraft? Is it exclusive to the Embraer? If so, what format does the Embraer FMC use for import.2. Zip up the exported .pln file from FSB and attach it to a reply here.3. Are you an Active Sky user? What version? Do you import your .pln into Active Sky? If so, turn off the FS9 plan convert option as it creates extra fields in your .pln file.4. In FS9 somewhere there I think is an option to move your aircraft when loading a plan into it. Be sure that is off.