Sign in to follow this  
Tigerhawk

Callsigns

I recently added the UK Airports and Callsigns by Graham Jackson, and started a flight using the First Choice Callsign of JET SET. I had to change the c4.csv file to get the correct callsign to show to the following:-JET SET,JET SET,First Choice Airways - UK,2 4 1 6 , 12416 is the Flight Number I was operating - not sure on the rest of the entry - I followed what seemed to be the structure.Yet when the pilot spoke he kept saying Juliet as the callsign rather than Jet Set, though the controllers always said Jet Set.When Selecting the callsign in RC the entry was J(et Set) arther than a pure JET SET.Any Ideas as to what is wrong - or needs to be changed?

Dave

Your format is slightly off. Without quotes do:"JET SET,JET SET,First Choice Airways - UK,0, 0 "in notepad. Note the space before and after the last zero. Then enter the your flight number in the RC Aircraft screen. I'm not sure of the last number but RC enters it. It might be the class of aircraft. Be sure you are in .txt mode when editing (best not to use wordpad). The flight numbers should not have any spaces. Hopefully, you did not use Excel or other spreadsheet program.Also, you might want to increment the first line count by one if you added the line rather than overwriting one.Check other entries before and after to insure extra characters have not been added there that display any parentheses, etc. If so the file will have to be replaced.Be sure there are no excess characters in the line ending preceding the JET SET line.Now, I see the script files do not contain any jetset file, nor are there any wav files for jetset in the winwood voice folders, at least in the versions I have. Since you say controllers are pronouncing it correctly, then it may exist in a later version. I'm not sure how RC handles that. You have FS ATC sound down, I trust, so you are not hearing those controllers.Anyway, correct your entry. See if that helps for now.

Hi Ron, Thanks for your input - however:-I did enter the callsign exactly as you describe - the program itself must have changed the first zero to 2 4 1 6 as that was the Flight Number I used.Can't find any other entries that look odd.The script files for Jet Set ( and others) were in the Zip file that Graham Jackson had uploaded to AVSIM, along with the WAV files - However - He didn't include a WAV file for the voice that I was using (ironically his own!!). Perhaps that is why it picked up the Juliet?Although he didn't include Jet Set in the Geri Jackson voice yet that picks up the Jet Set (albeit in a different voice) and does play it correctly. I copied a JET SET WAV from another folder and added it to Graham Jackson's voice file (number 22) yet it still persists in saying Juliet.Perhaps I should e-mail Graham directly for assistance?

Dave

I have not seen Graham participate in the beta-group conference for quite a while. You can try e-mailing him to see if he can help.I did not recall the download until you described it and then it connected in my mind.When you select the call sign on the aircraft tab I think there is a speaker icon you can click to sample it. I am not at my home right now in front of RC. If I am correct about this, does it play OK?I'll see if I can find the download and try it.

I just did a search of the AVSIM library by using "Graham Jackson". For RC, about eight files came up including corrections. One of those is an updated c4.csv to be used after all of his files and their updates are installed. Be sure to back it up before overwriting your existing one. First Choice is indeed in that list.I did not have time to explore all of them but you might be missing a script file for the pilot section. You must have the proper script file for the pilot to speak the call. That file will determine the wav file that plays. Without it you'll get the phoenetic call.

Hi again Ron, thanks for putting the time in to help. Furthermore:-Yes I have put in the updated c4 file, however it was this that I had to change to the entry quoted above as otherwise the First Choice entry appeared as First Cambodia (quite why I have no idea - must be something to do with the internal workings of RC).When I click the speaker on the aircraft selection box it does play correctly, though not in the Graham Jackson voice.JET SET is in the pilotscript folderIf I open the Voices- Pilot selection it plays correctly for all pilots EXCEPT the Graham Jackson voice - but strangely it does play in the Geri Jackson voice which does NOT have a Jet Set Wav!(this is why I copied in a Jet Set Wav from another folder to the G Jackson folder)I think I'll try e-mailing Graham if there are no other suggestions - perhaps I should just use another voice, but I've always used the Graham Jackson voice as it's most like my own!

Dave