Sign in to follow this  
Tripple7

Sid and a forced DP

When I save a flightplan then it is without any Sid because I think that in real life the controler gives you the runway and the Sid to fly. (I can be wrong ofcourse)So I save a flightplan with my first waypoint more then 30Nm away from the departure airport. When the controler gives me the runway to depart from I decide what Sid I am going to use and I place it in my FMC and close any discontinuity. In RC4 a place a forced DP without Alt. restrictions.When I fly this sid the controler says that I am off course, but I have to fly the complete Sid and that is mostly not straith towards my first waypoint.Who can give me the solution to this problem and the way to do this the right way?

you click dp withour altitude restrictions, you are going to have to fly and progress every checkpoint inside 30 miles.they not be the same points as the sid you entered at run timethis is covered in the manual. we went to great effort to explain flight planning, sids, stars, and QNH, transition altitudes and transition levels.jd