Sign in to follow this  

A Few 757 Bugs...

Hi -With the PMDG 777, I felt the A/T was too frenetic, such that, for really long hops (like Durban, South Africa to Las Vegas, Nevada), I'd turn the A/T off to save fuel. I found that trying to make that hop with the A/T on ate up too much JP! I find the opposite problem with the A/T on the 757: It's asleep!To wit: Flying from PHIK (Honolulu, HI) to KLAS (Las Vegas, NV), no METAR loaded, and no C4TO , just bare bones Fly!II, I climbed out to an initial cruising altitude of 31,000 feet (FL310), with VNAV on. The bird levelled out at the assigned altitude, and then red-lined on airspeed before cutting back on the thrust setting (ca. M=.850), and then spending the next couple of hours getting back up to the assigned speed (as set in the FMC) after decellerating to about M=0.7. Arriving at destination, I tried three approaches, during which the G/S would not lock up, though I had localizer lock. After three attempts, I was about to try a manuak gligeslope, when I got the dreaded "winrun" error, and everything crashed except the bird.Next: From PANC (Anchorage, AK) to KLAS (I live here [KLAS}, and I've grown fond of it!) C4TO was on, and I had a METAR loaded. I had the same problem with an overspeed on climbout (the panel showed 2000 fpm all the way up to FL290, and the engine guages indicated well beyond the "CLB" limits, with magenta indications and airspeed at the top was downto 165 kts), This isn't too bad on a climb, but it really reeks on descent!. Ordered to descend progressively from FL290 to 6,000 ft., the bird undershot to 3,800! At that point, I killed the A/T, with airspeed below 120 kts. and attitude sky-high, and did the throttles by hand. After much throttle-jockying, the result was a very clean TD. (I'm proud of that!)I admit I haven't gone page-to-page on the manual, That aside, am I doing something wrong? Or is there a problem?- Dave ReedSo, what am I missing? are the 777 procedures