Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

HELP - Lost all ground textures

System is Athlon 1.4Asus A7M266 w/ 256M pc2100 ramGeForce2 GTS/64MSoundBlaster LiveW98SE2 weeks ago, I installed a third party addon to test and after that, FS2k2 would abort the load. Ultimately saved the CFG file and reinstalled. I *thought* I'd reset all the options and added a few scenery items but all of a sudden I started getting serious blurries. The airports, mountains and buildings are fine but the 'countryside' in between is a mess. Removed the 1241 drivers and tried the 2942 - same problem. I usually keep my system maxed at 20fps with most of the sliders at or near max.Tried adjusting AA and several other things - same problem. I mean sitting on the ground and look out the window and the ground is blurry( just like going top down view and keep increasing the magnification. Got the GeTweak utility and tried a few recommended things with that - no joy.Finally did a complete reinstall using the original cd's. Now, if I sit at LAX and slew straight up - I see the airport and completely BLANK black and brown polygons. If I try to fly, the scenery gets a "repeated smear" effect like messy mouse trails.Thought it might be the card but I ran Links 2001 and it runs fine. This system dual boots to XP so I did that and ran CFS1 under XP - perfect - I would think the video card is ok.Tried using the NVMax utility to completely remove NVidia drivers and reinstalled - same problem.I'm going to try reinstalling fs2k2 one more time just in case some file got trashed but after that - ?????Has anyone seen this before and have any ideas?Thanx,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Max Cowgill

You mention reinstalling FS2k2 several times but never actually mention uninstalling it. Have you done a *thorough* uninstall? i.e. deleting the program and all files/registry entries left behind? The registry often holds the key to your problems, you may want to check there...Max Cowgill

HI Max - I did the FS2k2 uninstall from the cd but I did not manually delete and registry entries. I deleted all 3rd party scenery but not any aircraft.If I'm not flying the 3rd party aircraft, I wouldn't think they would have any impact but I can always reinstall them.What key would I look at for addl reg entries that the uninstall could miss?Thanx,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors